gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
What the hell is up with the weather in St. Louis? Not a few days ago it was 35 and today it's 87 with lord only knows what humidity! Ever since I got here it's jumped between cold, warm rain (what the heck is that all about?) to hot and humid and I've only been here for 2 weeks to the day!
Ya, I'm a whiner. I have a very narrow margin of happiness when it comes to the weather. I don't want to freeze my caboose off but I don't want to be standing in line at Home Depot sweating like freaking horse either!
Man, I guess not only will I not be able to ride in the winter time here but the it's looking like most of the summer will be out too. :( Too bad I'm not more like TTRGuy. It doesn't matter where he is, EVERYWHERE had year round riding! ;)

keith500r

Jul 27, 2001
i am suffering from this crazy weather as well, my bro was supposed to ride come down so we could ride some country mountain roads (street bikes) cause he recently got a hog. we planned three weekends in a row - either rain, or cold or both has messed up all three so far! of course the weekdays are sunny, 75 degrees...

chadk01

Sponsoring Member
Aug 19, 2000
Welcome to our world......They say around here if you do not like the weather, just wait a minute and it will change.... :confused:

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Originally posted by dhoward
Humidity?
What are you talkin' about?
Wait 'til July and August... :p
That's pretty much what the girl behind the counter at Home Depot said. :( If this isn't humid, I'm totally screwed come July and August.
Humidity is okay.............if you're camped out by the pool all day while Miquel brings you endless strawberry daquiris in Cabo!! :p

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Welcome to the midwest! Now quit your whining and ride! :p It's supposed to be nice this weekend. Rain, possible thunderstorms, sunny, humid, windy, tornados, hail, sunny, rainy, hot, breezy and cold. :eek:

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
They say around here if you do not like the weather, just wait a minute and it will change

Thats what they say about Texas. It been nice here for a couple days and before that we even got rain!! Quite your whinnin :) 35 degrees is prefectly acceptable to ride in. Would you rather it be 95 and humid? I think not!

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Actually we are going riding this Sat. at St. Joe's. I'm keeping my finger's crossed for decent "Aimee" type riding weather. :) I guess I should pack my Sahara gear as well as my Enduro jacket just in case. :confused:

dhoward

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 7, 2000
Should be nice on Saturday, but it may get warm out there on the sand. Supposed to rain tommorow so St. Joe should be great. I may be down that way to pick up my trailer, if so, I'll shoot on out and see if I can hook up with you guys.
Cali plates on the truck, I assume?

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Silver Linning

You just made me happy!

After 2-1/2 months of negotiations I decided WI was not the place for me & the family. I have been kinda wondering if I made the right decision. I did :debil:
It's been in the high 60's & low 70's here for a few weeks...probably be that way for a couple more months.....

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Dan, Oklahoma plates on the truck but plenty of DRN stickers in the back window. It would be great to run into you out there. We don't have anyone to show us the ropes so we're just going to wing it.

John, I can't believe you're not moving now. :( We would have been the same distance apart here as we were when I was there. Bet the wife's a happy camper. ;)

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Come down here to Cajun Country! Lafayette is about 75 degrees and only about 40% humidity right now. We are having an enduro this weekend at an awesom riding spot this weekend as well. Should be a great weekend for riding here!

Watching the weather channel and Oklahoma to Kansas City sounds like is in for some bad weather.

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Re: the humidity, no worries. I lived in east Texas for two years. When the weatherman starts talking about that 99% humidity just wear a raincoat, you'll be fine. IF you notice lots of moisture inside the raincoat, you did something wrong. Zip up tighter. Do it right, and it's like a tropical breeze under yoru armpits all day long. Trust me.

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
LOL somebody call the waaah bulance :D

You CAN ride in st loius most all year round just dress properly for hot or cold ..and bring both sets of riding gear..heavy jackets .. gloves ..
and get that air conditioned camper/RV.. lol

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Yeah, it's been messed up here too.

77 deg with some clouds on Monday
76 deg with a few more clouds Tuesday
74 deg on Wednesday - time to break out the sweaters :confused:

n8MX

Mar 27, 2001
This winter was the strangest I can remember with all the temperature changes (I compare it to a yo-yo). It was nice sometimes because I could ride some weekends almost all "winter." This is nothing, a couple years ago there was about 2 weeks with 95F temps and 100% humidity. I spent most of my time inside (the a/c was working overtime!).

I was planning to ride a lot this weekend, and it was looking good, but it's supposed to rain all weekend!! And the 10 day says rain NEXT weekend too! Why are the weekdays so nice? :whiner:

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
Hey everybody, you St louis guys better plan on going to St. Joes this Sat.
That Sahara gear is kinda SEE THROUGH! :p

bundy

Eddie, please dont let here hurt me too bad! I gotta wife and kids to support! :p

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
perfect weather here today, mid 70's and full sun. Good spring day, I agree just go ride. If you're riding here in ohio just part the first big mudhole you find (5th gear should suffice on your 200) and you'll be cool and comfy for the rest of the day :cool:

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Originally posted by gospeedracer
What the hell is up with the weather in St. Louis? Not a few days ago it was 35 and today it's 87 with lord only knows what humidity! Ever since I got here it's jumped between cold, warm rain (what the heck is that all about?) to hot and humid and I've only been here for 2 weeks to the day!

It's called springtime! ;) You never know what the weather is going to be like during spring in the midwest. Shoot, two nights ago I had the heat on. Tonight I had to have the garage door open when I was oiling up the filter on my son's bike.

If you don't like the weather, just wait 5 minutes and it will change. :eek:

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Hey Aimee, I see you're getting accustomed to the midwest! ;) Just remember, that which doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger! Besides, isn't it nice to have a little shake up in your weather? Gets too boring when it's 70 and sunny every day of the year! :confused:

And to think, you were worried about snow in St. Louis! Remember, I mentioned the two things you would want in your new location--air conditioning, and a basement! (That's ok, you can thank me later! ;) )

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Somebody didn't ride because of rain? Whats up with that? Cold, hot, humid, wet, light, dark, its all good! Ask SingleTracker500 about riding in the cold - we did a poker run a handful of days before Christmas in OK a year or 2 ago and I doubt he is thawed out yet! Darn creek crosssings :)

Looks like I have a KTM200 to ride almost any time I want :p

Top Bottom