Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
I guess it is all in the attitude. Having been in Oklahoma for some time now (and riding that very same ride TTR guy is referencing), I have come to appreciate all of the seasons. I even managed to ride in some pretty good snow this last year (extremely fun, 3 to 4 inches of it). I guess that you have to convince yourself that you like it and before you know it, you are actually enjoying yourself. I distinctly remember Eddie talking about riding in the mud all day one Saturday at Draper and commenting later how he actually liked mud a little more after that. You have to learn to change WHEN you ride according to the weather. In summer, ride bikes EARLY (6:00 am), and then break out the Jet Ski's for the warm afternoons.

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Going to St Joes? You'll have post what you think of it.

Most of the trails are pretty Q U A D worn out but if you can find the trails cut just for the races (gotta be sneaky :p ) theres some pretty cool trails

Wish I could meet ya there.

Old CR goat

Sponsoring Member
Nov 10, 2000
:) Humidity? Eddie's got a rough summer ahead.
Really Speedy, April is the worst month, by mid-May it'll cool back down
and 30% humidity. ;)

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by gospeedracer
What the hell is up with the weather in St. Louis? Not a few days ago it was 35 and today it's 87 with lord only knows what humidity

We tried to warn ya. ;)

Just wait til August. :confused: Hope you took your wetsuit with you.

Kiwi. Believe it or not, it actually dropped down to 68 degrees around here the other day. Almost had to put a sweatshirt on. :scream:

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
OffRoadr

Hey OffRoadr, We need to hook up, let me know when you want to ride or when you are planning on doing an enduro or harescramble. I can't wait to do some of the races around here (MO/ILL/Wherever) and could use some pointers. How's that powerwasher working :)

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
Anything south of St. Louis in MO is rocky so the rain doesn't matter much. North of St. Louis is a different story. :eek:
Also it doesn't get that cold down there so you can ride just about all winter. Of course the summers are a little humid. ;)

You really need to check out the MTRA http://www.ridemtra.com/

They are totally into trail riding in MO and know many places to ride that aren't beat up like St. Joe. They also put on the national dual sport event each June.

Hope this helps.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
GSR

Try this:

I lived in Sturgis SD for 2 years they hold the record for temperature weather changes in the shortest time frame. This in not exact but one day at
8 AM it was 20 degrees and snowing
by 10 AM it was 80 degrees
and by 100PM back to 30 and Snow.

Our weather there had something to do with the mountains and how the storms wrapped around them.

That's why my wife insisted we move back to CA. And she was the one who orig. missed the seasons and wanted to move there in the first place. :uh:

See you May 5 in Vegas correct?

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
If it gets unbearable, come visit Alabama in July or August. I remember riding at Ironman MX on a Wednesday night last summer - at 10 pm it was still 94 degrees, with 100% humidity.

It's like Houston. . .you need gills to breathe.

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Re: OffRoadr

Originally posted by TTRGuy
How's that powerwasher working :)

Sitting in the corner of tha garage collecting dust ;)

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Jay, hook that darn thing up and use it. I don't want old gas in it whenever we get around to picking it up :) Seriously! Are you planning on going to the Brush Poppers HS in Morrison this weekend?

Top Bottom