tm-enduro

Mar 7, 2001
Anyone know why Salminen is out? From what I can tell (based on day 4 totals), Ahola is in the lead and I think Tiainen may be in second overall.

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
Juha Salminen's motor quit. Don't know what broke but it's stopped running.

500 Four Stoke Day four

Mika Ahola VOR
Kari Tiainen KTM
Anders Eriksson Husqvarna
Giovanni Sala KTM
Alessandro Botturi KTM

400 Four Stroke Day Four

Steffan Merriman Husqvarna
BJorne Carlsson Husaberg
Miki Arpa VOR
Mario Rinaldi Yamaha
Xavier Colomer KTM

Mario Rinaldi actuallly picked up a lot of ground on day four. Also if you look at the result those two strokes guys did very well on day four. They all gained ground over the larger four stroke classes.

:)

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Course conditions changed and they actually ran a terrain (enduro) test. Edmondson wound up third for the day on a 250 2-stroke. With only two days of results left I seriously doubt that a 2-stroke will win the overall.

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
Don't loss hope yet...two days is a LOT of time in that event!! A couple of DNF's and the Motocross Special test could turn things around in a hurry. I guess at this point I just hope all get through safe. They are getting worn down. Crashes will be a factor.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
No hope lost here!

I could care less which bike and/or rider wins the overall. What I like to see is who the "better" riders are over the entire six days. I also enjoy seeing how the U.S. riders stack up against the Euros in "their" game.

The best year for the U.S., in recent memory, was '96 in Finland. Ty Davis took third overall, our trophy team took bronze (I think) and the Daytona Dirt Riders club team took silver.

Top Bottom