gn83tm

Dec 30, 2002
The International Six Day Enduro is going on this week in Poland. Has anyone found a good source of news for this event? I've been following the gofasters.com site (old skunkwrx.net) and the little bit that cycle news has but surely there's a site that has more information.

Today's report on the gofasters site made me chuckle: "Jeff Fredette is…….well Jeff Fredette! No problems, no hassles, having fun." The KDX Doc is incredible! Does anyone know if he's on a KDX again or is he on a KXF this year?

moridin

~SPONSOR~
Dec 30, 2003
I saw him at a national enduro this year - actually he passed me in a test section and was just flat ripping. He was on a KDX - I was quite surprised.

gn83tm

Dec 30, 2002
Thanks for the info guys. I had seen the official site but deciphering it is a little more work than my brain wants to do sometimes. If I'm looking at things correctly, Team JAFMAR is a respectable 26th in the club standings after day 3. Looks like Fredette is 84th overall in class E2. Wouldn't it be great to see some pics?

Kind of a bad deal to have 4 deaths in one day. Two riders and two in a car that one of them hit. I also didn't realize that having your bike stolen was a big problem. As if they don't have enough to worry about!

Keep the info coming!

gn83tm

Dec 30, 2002
Here's a couple of links to pics of Fredette in ISDE action. The gofasters.com site has some pretty good pics from Poland. Looks to me like Jeff's showing the value of the KDX again!

http://www.gofasters.com/2004USRidersDay1.htm
http://www.gofasters.com/Poland Images/Day3/Fredette.jpg

If I'm reading the results correctly, Jeff's moved up a little to 77th in class after day 4 although the second half doesn't look like it went as well as the first. Team Jafmar dropped from 26th to 55th. Looks like Alan Deyo must have had some troubles.

kdxtaz

~SPONSOR~
Mar 29, 2002
Alright, Jeff F.!!!!! :cool:

98th place & a silver medal (assuming I read the chart correctly) Seems he suffered 2 flat tires on day 5 & lost 7mins

gn83tm

Dec 30, 2002
The "old guy" still knows how to get around on a KDX! I haven't seen any details but the last few days must not have went as well as the first few. Still, how many of us can only dream of running as well as he has and medaling that many times at the ISDE.

Teamate Deyo didn't fair quite so well and hit a tree (I think on day 3) breaking a collarbone and a few ribs which earned him a quick trip back to the states. That sounds more like my riding experiences ;)

Congratts Jeff, have a safe trip home.

gn83tm

Dec 30, 2002
Well, the big trail ride is over and the Doc from Illinois did it again. The E2 class rundown on the ISDE site shows him finishing with a silver medal in 98th place. I'm not sure how all the scoring works though because gofasters has a photo of Jeff with a caption saying he finished 24th. In any case, it's a great run and an impressive string of well over 20 ISDE metals.

Sounds like the last day was a fiasco with riders boycotting and near riot conditions. An unlucky Brit rider was pulled from his bike and beaten with route marker sticks by some fans. I'm glad I've never had to deal with that!

Top Bottom