Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
racerx

March 25, 2003

ISDE 2002 documentary to air on OLN

An action packed, one hour documentary of the 77th running of the International Six Day Enduro will air on Outdoor Life Network on Thursday April 17th at 10:00 PM Eastern and Pacific time and again on Thursday May 15th at 10:00 PM. Check www.olntv.com for details and other airings.

The show focuses on the performance of the US trophy team in this tough and controversial event held last September in the mountains of the northern Czech Republic. Over 500 entrants from 50 countries covered over 200 off-road miles per day for six consecutive days. The US competed with a young Trophy team that fought against a tight schedule, extremely wet weather, and controversial officiating

Called the Olympics of Motorcycling, the ISDE is the ultimate test of tactics, rider, machine, and mechanical skill. It is one of the oldest events in international motorcycle competition and for almost eighty years has decided who are the best enduro riders in the world.

Thumbs up to OLN :thumb:

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
alright!!!!!

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
AAck!  Thanks for re-posting this, I completely missed it the first time!  :thumb:

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
This is a must see!

Has anyone seen the older ones(50's/70's/80's)? They have aired on SPEED. It's almost comical watching the guys with 3"-4" of travel on their BSA's,etc. running a grass track - talk about brutal!

powercart

Mar 29, 2002
k, I dono about you guys. But my OLN channel says nothing about ISDE on tongiht :( What is wrong with mine?? I want to see it sooo bad....

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
I saw the first 30 minutes, then had to tend to my 2-year old with croup :whiner:

All I can say is that I now feel like a pansy puss-ass compared to the type of terrain and miles these guys ride.

The program gave a high-level overview of how the ISDE works and how it is organized. It then takes you day-by-day following the 6 members of the U.S. team.

Grueling, slippery, rutted mud pits. For 200 miles. Each day. Six days in a row. Oh ya - you only have 10 minutes each morning to work on your bike. And you have to do all maintenance yourself.

Wow...

:worship:

I'll have to watch it again when it is re-aired next month.

Last edited:

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
I attempted to watch it because Tim Taber (who was on the trophy team) is my KTM dealer.

The picture was not very good and the sound was even worse. It sounded like it was off channel. I think it was my cable provider screwing up.:(

Still, I enjoyed it. If they show it again maybe I can see it then with better reception.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
It's on 2 more times. Check out http://www.olntv.com and search their program listings. Search on keyword "motorcycle".

Watching any mainstream sports bores the hell out of me, but I really get into shows on OLN like the mountain bike downhill races.

Last edited:

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Man it was great!!!!!!! Talk about getting you wound up. I had it on while I was repacking the bearings on my swingarm. Great show

WideOpen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 21, 2000
WOOHOOO!!!! IT WAS SOO GREAT!!

I loved it, next time its on im gonna record it. Didn't a DRN member go over there for that race and break down?

FireLily

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
Thank you for the information! I didn't even know we had OLN....
I watched and recorded it. Great documentary!
Now I want to go watch the one in Brazil......
Mini

Top Bottom