jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Yup. It is official. I have to go out of the country for ~2 months for business. I am now officially a no show for DW '03. :(

I leave for London Monday Sept 14 where I'll be there for 1 week then it is off to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for the remainder of the trip. My expected return date is November 15. I *might* get one fly-back, but since KL is on the other side of the planet I dunno if I'll even bother. The flight to KL is ~26 hours. I did find a MX track in KL that rents bikes, so I might get to ride while I'm there. Keeping my fingers crossed...

There is always next year...

-jeffd

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Bummer! you were one of the people that I was going to make a point of meeting.

Oh well, I hear you & Twinny have never been seen in the same location.... :moon:

Doesn't DRN have a few members in Malaysia?

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
we can still make sure your bike doesn't get lonely ;)

Seriously, stay safe and we'll plan a thanksgiving rode when you get back.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Have a safe trip Jeff. :(

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Dang it Jeff ... :whiner:

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
Jeffd... that's a bummer, but the job comes first..... good luck on that long haul, too bad they dont fly Concordes anymore on that route... with a stop in Kuweit if I recall. Oh, and watch out for those open sewers in Kuala Lumpur... I stepped into one them, not pleasant going back to the hotel to change clothes and burn the soiled pants: yuk! sorry!

it could be worse, you could be our friend from Argentina! Milton was refused a tourist visa by the US embassy in Buenos Aires.... we have both been trying to find out the reason(s), but they are not cooperative.... merely suggesting that he re-apply and risk another $100, not even knowing what went wrong the first time..... this is the same federal government which refuses to stop illegal immigration from the southern border, but is being a hard-xxx on people trying to do it all legally.....(I may post some more on this crap in the 'political' sub-forum in General). For now Milton and I are not happy campers.....

Milton says thanks to all those who offered to lend him a bike during DW... thanks guys for the DRN welcome... he will try again next year...

&nbsp;

&nbsp;

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Bummer jeffd!!!!! :( :(&nbsp; Sorry to hear you will not be at dirtweek.

And no Milton, either?&nbsp; That's equally bad news :ugg:

&nbsp;

Milton

Sponsoring Member
Sep 2, 2002
Guys let me tell ya one thing, all my dreams were taken away for nothing, I own a Hotel, I've my childrens living with me, I race Motocross, I work in an association taking cares to childrens without home and I do lots of things more...so sure I'd to come back to ARGENTINA but the guys on the Embassy think I possibly gonna keep in USA after the event, but they just ask me two things, and denied me the very best dream I'd..what my dream was, know all of you personally and have fun, talk about bikes, ride in another country and see some girls too (hehe).
SO THANKS all of yo anyway I'll try next year and I hope they dont take my 100 bucks again and let me fly.
Milton

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Man it truly does suck. It just goes to show you how *little* control we have over our lives.

If I really wanted to go to DW I guess I could have said I wasn't up for the business trip, but then again getting a paycheck is kind of nice. Sign 'o the times. I am an indentured servant I tell ya...

Y'all have fun at DW and think about ole jeffd once and a while. If anything someone have a bowl of TX chili and a beer in my honor ;)

-jeffd
London and Malaysia bound today

Top Bottom