Succubus

Mar 6, 2005
When I put the transmission back in my '69 Yamaha DT-1 I noticed that the shift dogs on the fourth gear pinion weren't poking through the first gear pinion as far as I would have liked. I checked to make sure I put it together right and it appears I have. I checked the transmission of my donor bike, though, and I discovered that the shift dogs on that fourth gear pinion poked through first gear enough to be just about flush with the opposing side. My shift dogs go through about half way. OK, worn shift dogs were what made first impossible to engage 1st gear. No problem, like I mentioned, I have a donor bike. Went to get fourth gear off of that tranny - *&*^% - there's a missing tooth.

So does anyone have any idea where I can foind a 21-tooth fourth gear pinion for a 1969 Yamaha DT1B. The local Yamaha parts house laughed at me.....

If anyone has first and fourth gears I may as well replace both. If one is worn the other might be as well, even if it doesn't appear trashed.

Succubus

Mar 6, 2005
Thanks, OD. I called them. They have it. Including shipping - $61.22. Ouch. That's more than I paid for the bike. Know any good used part places besides the Bay of E? Thanks.

Top Bottom