bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Long story Long :)
My best friend back in 98 bought a 98 YZ400 so he could beat me with my old "big block Thumper"(as Highbeam calls it) XR 500. He did this since the DR350 was way to weak to keep up :eek:
Well I put her away for mechanical reasons, so I never got to go riding with him and compare the new to the old.
So after 4 years I went out and bought a new thumper that I hoped would kick his ars, but his YZ was broke down and I hoped this would get him motivated to get it running.

Well after sitting for the last 18 months I went and got his bike and said we were going to get it running. Needless to say I couldn't start it. Imagine that a Yamaha that wouldn't start :think: .

Besides some serious TLC, He thought it needed a carb job or new carb and didn't have the money. So it sat at my house for awhile and all his money was going to a wedding, he was definatly bummed that he couldn't spare any money for parts. So My brother and I got this idea, since we were in the wedding and would probably blow a couple hundred on some darn crock pot, why not spend it at the Yamaha Shop.

So the wife got him some $29 coffee pot to make it look like that was all he was getting and I took her down to Spokane Yamaha and told them to just get it running(I'm no mechanic). After about 6 hours they called back and had 2.5 hours of labor and a clean carb with a new compression release cable.

So he gets back from the honey-do-this-moon and I suprised him!! Was it a shocker.

it's now a one kick wonder, He said it starts easier then it ever did :aj:
I've rode it around the house a little, and it appears I like the suspension better, just needs a little more get-up-and-go :)
Well it rained last night so after 4 years we can hopefully go riding again. I'm so excited. Just thought I would share

Top Bottom