Jan 3, 2007
Would haveing greay smoke come from the exhaust instead mean the crank seal is gone and the oil is moving into the cylinder. If so what all must i do to replace them in means of what do i need to take off to do it. Also, would this cause the bike not to idle, rev very high, and over heat alot. THANKS!!!

bake

Sep 20, 2001
2 strokes for life said:
Would haveing greay smoke come from the exhaust instead mean the crank seal is gone

Also, would this cause the bike not to idle, rev very high, and over heat alot. THANKS!!!
Yes to all of the above, I took mine in and let someone else do the work.

zoommx

~SPONSOR~
Apr 23, 2001
I've been through the entire motor of my 1980 IT125. To replace the clutch side seal, remove the clutch cover, clutch basket, primary gear, and seal holder. At this point you have access to the seal and collar. Remove the collar if you can get a good enough hold on it without damaging it. As for the seal removal, I've heard of carefully making holes in the seal and screwing in wood screws then pulling on those to remove the seal. There should also be an o-ring between the collar and crankshaft that probably costs less than 5 bucks to replace at the same time. I've always split the cases when replacing the seals, as I was rebuilding the entire motor so I'm not experienced on the wood screw/seal extraction method. Good luck.

Bspeed

~SPONSOR~
Jan 14, 2007
it could be a leak of the engine case into the lower end. air and oil getting in...
Your plug should be showing signs of oil fouling.
bummer, mate. Hope you get it worked out.

Top Bottom