It's a bird? It's a plane? NO! It's a CR500!!

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Your link doesn't work.

But I found the picture on your photo page! Nice shot! I'm jealous. I don't have any air picture of me. Maybe that's because I don't get much air . . . :think:

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
I noticed those pics earlier today when I decided to check out your picture page for any recent additions. I was pleasantly surprised to see there were. :)

Awesome! Way to go. I can't believe this is your first "air" time. What did you think?

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
It helps to have a photographer around that likes to find new and exciting challenges to take pictures of! ;)

If it hadn't been for Karl and Pat BOTH nagging me and assuring me that it was an EASY landing, I wouldn't have done it.

The jump was at Lake Gillette, on the left as you leave Sherry Creek. It's about a 7' tall face with a big hole just past the top of the jump and a log across it in front of the hole. So, you either hit it pretty hard or endo! The landing WAS very easy, just a long flat straight area. Unless you REALLY jumped then you got pretty close to the creek.

Karl told Randi not to ride up it because of the hole but of course she did. Luckily, her pipe got hung up on the log so she stopped before dropping her front wheel into the hole and endo'ing! Reminds me of someone I know.
:think

GSR, it was really fun! We are trying to get time to build some easy jumps at home now! I can see how the BIG air could be addicting, as long as it doesn't turn into a BIG crash landing. That would put the damper on my excitement I think!

Last edited:

blackhawk468

President of Bling
N. Texas SP
Nov 3, 2000
I remember when I got my first air, it was like 2 feet high, yet so exciting. Catching air is so addicting. I started small and then went big. I just started to clear some good sized jumps (30-45 feet) and am getting close to clearing the big jumps (50-80 feet). Have fun and be safe, and take lots of pictures.

Mrs. Vixen

Feb 11, 2001
That is so awesome BBBom!
I heard that Seatac picked something strange up on their radar the other day, it must have been you! Keep flying.

Yamaholley

Jul 12, 2001
whoa!

Bbbom! that's an awesome pic! and in the woods too...I'd probably kill myself on Marks CR500 in the woods...
I think my first air was a total of about 6 inches off the ground! I was so excited, I bragged about it for days ;)
I won't jump the CR500 except in the sand, where the landing's nice and cushy for my crashing...
I gotta show Mark this pic, he'll be so jealous!

Apr 7, 2001
Two things

One

Great Air! Keep at it and you just might be able to make us even more jealous(I can do more than two feet but i cant exactly land it right

Two

Pretty bike...Ooooooo...Red...

The Redrider

Jun 14, 2019
Wow old post, I got some air back in the day...
WIN_20190530_23_10_25_Pro.jpg

Top Bottom