JETPRO_X

Sep 6, 2000
Well this weekend a was good one! Lot's of part's finally arrived after every possable scewup :eek:
I installed my rev pipe and TC2 can. Toppeak computer came in as did my skid plate. The install on everything went smooth;) for a change. Even had time to build a work bench and wash and wax the Ninja, and go for a short ride ;). Called Jeff Fredette this morning and he said that he has shipped my pipe guard, chain guide,compact kick start lever :cool: . Stopped by the bike shop on way home from work. The jets I ordered were in and Moose magnetic drain plug to boot!! Everthing is finally coming together :)
I feel a sick day or two coming on:p

gobstoper

Feb 24, 2001
Same boat, no one to tell so I'll put it here. Just ordered a wiseco piston, kx head gasket, petcock rebuild parts, radiator grill, float bowl gasket, proper intake boot hose clamp (pitching the automotive one finally), kx 500 rear fender (pitching the ugly stock unit), Acerbis pro rally hand guards (destroyed my last set the day before x-mass) and from Freddette, wide footpegs and top bar 1-piece clamp. Just spooned on some Michelin m-12's. I've never replaced front and rear tires at the same time, let alone match the model! And just for fun I stripped the bike to its frame and painted it PPG Acrylic enamel (with hardner). These guys had no paint code and nailed the Kawi lime green by eyeballing it! The gloss is so vibrant I'm not gonna want to ride it. It's still tacky as we speak. Think I'm gonna pull the shock and have the oil changed/charged since it's going to be a few days to get my engine stuff. All this is added to boysen reeds, fmf fatty/turbin core, open air-box, freddette chain guard, o-ringer, mx number plate, gold valves, Ibach springs, mx shaped seat foam (need a seat cover), skid plate and oh ya, new blue grips. Also going to make some aluminum frame guards since no one makes em for the 250. Last but not least, going to send the carb out for a divider/slide mod.
Kid in a candy store, wife left for New York for 2 weeks! Saw my chance and took it! Don't tell.

gobstoper

Feb 24, 2001
Just saw your toy list and couldn't help myself.
85 4-runner 5" lift and 33's (okay not as tall but I do have a rebuilt chevy 350 sitting in my garage and a spare transfer case to double up the stock unit)
Honda CBR 945RR-93 contains a world endurance engine dyno-ed at 159HP at the rear tire in Texas at the race shop that built the engine. LE suspension, ontario tripple clamps, PM wheels, corbin seat, allum racing everything, everything else carbin, Crazy blood red paint scheme on some custom body pieces, braided lines, SS2-r pipe, moved battery and finally Dunlop GP stars for the ultimate in safety and oh yes this is my street ride (my wife loves it). Almost forgot, every piece of Aluminum including the frame is polished, all the fasteners are painted or polished (unless its carbin).
Yamaha RZ-350 with only 749 miles on the OD. It sits in my living room as a curio. It's showroom fresh, still has the nubs on the stock tires, came with orig. signed Kenny roberts poster, and brochure and all paper work from dealer including prep.
Last is my 57 chevey BelAir 2 door sport coup. 500 hp bracket engine (All alloy 383, 11.6 to one, steel crank, pink rods, tunnell ram, dual quads, full blown alum. fuelie heads that are built to the hilt and polished on the outside, roller cam etc. custom hood, 61 vette iron t-10, center force clutch balanced, ford 9'' rear.) Heavy flake rootbeer bronze paint and of course custom polished everything.
Sorry if I bored all of you.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Thanks for reminding me...

...to kick myself for NOT buying an RZ when I had the chance.

I rode R5s/RDs for decades and 100's of thousands of miles. I wanted an RZ so bad I could taste it....but being the responsible person person I am (ha!!!) decided to not piss off the wife instead.

Nowadays..that wife's gone...and my 'current wife' (as she calls herself) decided I 'didn't have a life', so SHE bought me my '00 200!! Now she thinks she's created a monster....but that's another story.

I don't have such a long list of toys..but I DO enjoy my 12 second '73 Duster 340.

I presume your RZ is Kenny Roberts yellow??....not red?? What beautiful bikes!!! I couldn't STAND not riding it, though.

I think it needs a new home......................

gobstoper

Feb 24, 2001
I've never ridden any 2-stroke street bike let alone the one in my living room. I bought it to re-sell ( that was 7 years ago) from someone going through a divource. It was stored in climate controlled space on a padded stand so the OE tires wouldn't go bad.The thing is litterally perfect, not even a bug in the radiator and even better yet it came with a Spec II stage 3 race engine still in the shipping bags/boxes from Spec II. All invoices included. Yep, Roberts signed yellow, spare key, unopened tool kit, maintenance book stamped by the dealer for break in apointments. So now it sits because it's too perfect to ride and yet I want to throw a leg over real bad! Maybe I'll sell it and buy a driver and have money left over (stick the spec II motor in it). Or maybe I'll sell it and put a 4-link rear suspension set up in my 57 or maybe towords a 46 indian chief or a DRZ or.......Screw it, I'll just keep it.

Top Bottom