It's Been Fun!!!

jcpa

Dec 8, 2002
Obie,
I just bought a 2001 KDX220 from a guy a couple of days ago. Everything is original including the tires. It looks like it just came off the showroom floor and he claims the trip odometer is the actual miles on the bike, 21.7 miles. The tires still have the red line in between the treads. I almost bought a YZF250 and after reading about the pistons shattering in the KDX220's I'm starting to feel like I might have made a mistake. Not real happy about having to put in a new Weisco piston kit on a new bike. Any Advice? Thanks

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
Looks like we're all going away from the KDX's now. Alhtough I bought a GasGas 300, I am still able to keep my KDX, which I am happy about. I got a chance to ride an 02 250F and it was a very sweet bike! The front wheel would loft at the tinyest blip of the throttle. :)

Jim Crenca

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 18, 2001
Fatty K,

Did you spend enough time on the YZF to compare it to the Gas Gas for trail / enduro work?

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
I would take my GG over the 250 just for the trail ridability. I found that I had to clutch the 250F a bit on the hills, and I stalled it a few times. I even layed it over when it was hot and only took 2 kicks to start. I just like the power of the GG better, but the 250F was deffinately a very sweet bike! The forks on the 250F were sweet as all newer Yamaha's are. They just soak up everything like nothing. I would love the Yamaha forks on my GG! Overall the YZF is an awesome bike with decent power for the woods, but I still like my 2 stroke 300 better in the engine department, but the suspension/ergo's are very good on the Yamaha.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…