gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
I'M GONNA BE A PUMPKIN RIDER! :yeehaw:
I'M GONNA BE A PUMPKIN RIDER! :yeehaw:

Now everything changes! :thumb:
bought it on line,and should be home by friday night!

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
I guess you'll be joining Eddie and Aimee as part of the MO. Pumpkins.

Congrats on the new bike and welcome to your new forum. I bet you're counting down the hours. :thumb:

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Rick, when you get it and before you take it out for a test ride make sure you locktite the kickstarter and shifter. They are notorious for coming loose. If you stop by the house I'll show you what I did for heim joint protection (cheap and easy and seems to be holding up great). I'll try to remember the other little odd's and ends too if the other guys don't chime in first. The jury seems to be a little bit mixed about the accelerator pump so we'll see what the majority say. I shortened mine up a bit.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
I thought from the title, this was an off-flavored joke. Welcome to the order of the Katoom nation-Missou style.

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
A 04 450 EXC it should be in town in the morning. I'M SYKED! I got a bunch of extras that should be following it in a few days. In the meantime, i think I will just sit on it in front of the T.V. !! Knowing me, I will have this thing in a million pieces, and back together again just so I know what I am dealing with. I'll take you up on that invite eddie...............

TM-Frank

Dec 15, 2000
Gnarlykaw,

the swiss flag makes it seem likely that you might understand German. If so have a look at the website of a friend of mine. He has listed a lot of modifications and improvements he did to his 450 (and 520 and XR and and and...)
www.hagen-adams.de

tlm

Feb 20, 2001
Welcome to the pumpkin patch. I just switch from Green to Orange myself a couple of months and WOW!

My 450 EXC is the other woman or a mid-life crisis, either way it makes me smile. I have yet to figure out to get it upstairs.

Tim

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
LOL! It's together in the garage, and wiating to get the oil in the morning. have already read the manual twice! the chassis has beed torqued, clock has been set. LOL!

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
the NEW fleet! :thumb:

Attachments

• dsc00860.jpg
    dsc00860.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 113

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
I have been surfing all over, and have done quite a bit as far as loc tight is concerned. lots of new questions! the first time i started it, it backfired! scared the crap out of me! norrmal? never happened again. i put 5w50 syn oil in the box, kindof the best of both temp ranges. yes? is very lean at idle. i have warmed it up and cooled down three times before I even road it around the yard. still lean. backed out mixture screw .5 turn, a little better.
I thought about goin out riding today, but, LOL, I feel like I need to get more feedback here. you know, the more I read about these bikes, the more i think they are a handful of problems. people are having tons of problems with them. are they abusing them??? their are a ton of KTMs out there, and this has to be just a few bikes.......... right?

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Hey, me too. Just bought a 02 520 MXC. I couldn't be more thrilled. These things are frickin amazing!

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Do not run the stock jetting-way too lean. As it gets colder, the problem will get WAY worse. JD jetting all the way.

I ran a Yamaha OBELN needle until the JD kit was installed on the 525...my 02 already had a JD kit in it.

High Desert XR400

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2000
GnarlyKaw,
Congrats on the sweet new ride, you are gonna love it!
I was blown away... The more that I ride mine the more I love it!
I have found an overload of good information over at KTMtalk, in addition to all of the great info that you will get here.
Have fun and keep that front wheel down. :thumb:

Top Bottom