It's official, I broke my foot doing nothing!

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
It's official, I broke my foot doing nothing! Really, I broke my 5th metatarsal last night because I "missed" the last step on the stairs. I was walking down the stairs and when my foot hit the floor I heard a snap and I did one of those twisting breaks. I wasn't even doing anything fun, like riding. The Dr. said 6 weeks for it to heal. I think it'll take four, .... I hope.

I still cant believe it.

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Sorry to hear that. Even after it is healed it will hurt.

Just proves my therory that walking is bad for your body.
Been trying to get my wife to let me ride in the house again.

MXbabe

Oct 9, 2000
I'm sorry to hear that. You will need to make up some cool story to tell everyone. No one wants to hear "nothing" happened! :)

KLX4smoke

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2001
Sorry to hear about that. I broke one of those bones last year (DR350 fell over on my foot) It hurt but not enough to keep me off the bike after a week. Hope your's doesn't hurt too bad... :)

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
No, It actually doesn't hurt that much, but it is broken really bad. I mean it hurt whrn it broke but I've been walking "on" it until the Dr. visit, now he has one of those boots on it.

I think I might have to have my bone density checked....

motor86

Dec 25, 1999
Here is what I would say if that happened to me:

I was at the beach the other day and saw this girl. I went up to her and believe it or not we started talking and we spent the next few hours together, swimming and having a good time. As it was time for her to go, I started to walk her towards her car. I asked her out and she said yes and she gave me her phone number. We got to her car and a big guy walked up. We fought and I kicked him so hard I broke his skull and a bone in my foot. My new girlfriend then told me to get in the car and we were off, back to a hotel where (use your imagination). She gave me a ride back to my house and I told the wife I had a lot of pain in my foot from falling down some stairs. She believed me and took me to the hospital. There they put me in a gown and fixed up my leg. I got home and began to think of her again and was going to call her and I went to get her phone number when I realized that the hopital had all my stuff. I called them and they said all of it was thrown away. So I can't even get back in touch with this girl.

Now that would impress your friends....even if they think you are a liar.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by Ricky

Better have your brain density checked while you're at it!!!:D

From missing that last step, definately! I was at a brain density loss. I still can't believe I missed it.

Motor, as for the story... I still need one that won't get me introuble with the wife! I was thinking, something about the massive compression of my 125..... no, 250, ya its a 25....426 ya ya, a 426... thats it ;)

MX265

Sponsoring Member
Jan 29, 2001
MikeT,

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. These things always happen before a Holiday. Think it is a curse or something. Why can't these things take place in lets say, January, when you can sit around and work on your bike? Was that your right foot? If so, how is the driving experience? If not, sounds like you broke the right (correct) one. Best of luck to ya.

Andy

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Ya, it's the right one.. Luckily I have one of those soft casts that I can take off. I can actually take it off and put a loose sneaker on inorder to drive. I am now learning to do left foot braking. It really is a drag because I was supposed to go riding Saturday and Monday. Well That'll have to wait but at least I'll have my boots back by then.

Should've had them on when I was coming down the stairs, I wouldn't have broke my foot ;)

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Bwaahaahaa

Originally posted by Farmer John: "Been trying to get my wife to let me ride in the house again."

Hehehe - Don't tell me she put a stop to that? How else are you supposed to check out the new silencer packing etc? Come on over to the house and we can practice stoppies, the traction on carpet is unreal :)

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
Well the good part about your stair story is the boss won't think your nuts for crashing on one of those "mx bikes"(might think you drink a little much). I think any story dosen't work out good because you still hurt your foot some how. People have finally quit asking me what happened to my ankle, right siding a big pine tree on xr400 doesn't sound any more exciting:silly: 800mg Ibprofun are the bomb!

motor86

Dec 25, 1999
Originally posted by MikeT

Motor, as for the story... I still need one that won't get me introuble with the wife! I was thinking, something about the massive compression of my 125..... no, 250, ya its a 25....426 ya ya, a 426... thats it ;)

Ok, I will try again then.

I was at the track the other day and really turning some good laps on my 125. I was passing everyone. I passed this one guy on a brand new 426. I kept going and the next time around he saw me comming and flagged me off the track. He wanted to know what I did to my bike since it went so fast. So, since I have never ridden a 4 stroke myself, decided to trade bikes for a lap. He didn't shut his off so I didn't have to do the starting drill.

So we took off and we were each getting used to the bikes. After the third lap I took off. I was really going fast and before long I had a huge lead on him. I went up this one steep hill and got right to the top, let off, and it stalled. So I tried to start it. If you haven't started one before you don't know how hard it is, especially if you don't know the drill. So I just tried to kick it and it went really hard but didn't start. I tried it again. BANG!! It kicked back and threw me off the back of the bike and I rolled down the hill. I am not sure exactly how it broke or when, but all I can say is it took the guy almost a minute to come find me (I am that fast!).

Would that work?

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I'm impressed! I like it and I think I'll use it. It does sound much better than "I was going doen the stairs and missed the last step." Very creative. I like the part about it took him a minute to find me.

Mike

KXKen

Jan 6, 2001
MikeT,

I know how you feel I broke one of my fingers playing a game of horse. I was mad as h$ll. When your doing something that you really like it's not so bad but I was just passing time at breaktime.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Exactly, and now I can't ride!!! Ah well atleast it doesn't hurt :)

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
LOL :) :) :) Funny!

KID KDX

May 15, 2001
YOU LUCKY DOG!!

Well, All I can say is "You lucky dog!" You only have a 4/6 week recovery! I broke my leg (tibia/fibula) on a friends bike in my driveway! I twisted my knee real bad, and messed up my ankle! Not to mention the leg. I have a four MONTH recovery! YOU LUCKY DOG!!!

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Re: YOU LUCKY DOG!!

Originally posted by KID KDX
Well, All I can say is "You lucky dog!" You only have a 4/6 week recovery! I broke my leg (tibia/fibula) on a friends bike in my driveway! I twisted my knee real bad, and messed up my ankle! Not to mention the leg. I have a four MONTH recovery! YOU LUCKY DOG!!!

Really? I'll give it to you this time but in 1998 I shattered my talus bone and with the surguries it was about 6 months. Believe me I'm glad this is all I did. I hope you heal fast also!!

Mike

KID KDX

May 15, 2001
Thanks!

Well, you sure did yourself in didnt you? OUCH! Well, what really makes my injury suck is that I came straight off a broken collar bone into the broken leg, and I only went on ONE ride before the collar bone AFTER I broke my wrist! So lets see? I have only rode once in about a year and a few months!!! GRRRR!! I WANA RIDE!!

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
KID, you're just having a string of bad luck! You know after you heal this time you might just get all your accidents overwith and then never have another one. That would be nice. ;)

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
UPDATE, I went to the Doctor today and he said I need to have this soft cast on for another three weeks!! He said the 5th metatarsul is a slow healing bone. I was hoping to ditch this cast today.... Oh well.

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
Just an idea..if you don't already have them, convince your wife (I assume you are married) that a new pair of Tech 8's work as a great cast

Top Bottom