It's official, Stewart signed with L&M

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
cycle news said:
For the first time in his professional career and most of his amateur career, Stewart will race something other than Kawasaki, as he will now ride a Yamaha YZ450F with support from the factory.
hmm . . . not a 2-stroke? I thought someone said someone said that someone said he'd be on a 2-stroke? crazy!

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
interesting

COX_1557.JPG

Deadohiosky39

Jul 12, 2008
Man, I totally thought he was going to be riding a two-stroke this year. I'm really disappointed. :)

I'm surprised he would actually switch from kawasaki. I figured he would be on that bike for life. I haven't heard much about whats been going on. Anyone care to fill me in on why he switched brands and to, what is technically a satellite team?

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Deadohiosky39 said:
. . . Anyone care to fill me in on why he switched brands and to, what is technically a satellite team?
it's all about these:
100_dollar_bill.jpg

actually, probably more about these:
US100000dollarsbillobverse.jpg

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
spot me a Wilson, Pred!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Deadohiosky39 said:
Man, I totally thought he was going to be riding a two-stroke this year. I'm really disappointed. :)

I'm surprised he would actually switch from kawasaki. I figured he would be on that bike for life. I haven't heard much about whats been going on. Anyone care to fill me in on why he switched brands and to, what is technically a satellite team?

You can't possibly think these guys give a damn what color bike they are riding?

I think it's been proven, time and again that there really isn't much real difference between brands at that level.

It has so much more to do with the rider than it does the bike.

And you must have forgotten about the other red headed kid who's taking over P1 at Kawasaki Factory Team. I'd guess that factored into the decision quite a bit. It's one thing to race him on different teams and get beat, but a whole other thing to race him from the same truck and get spanked.

Not that Villy is gonna spank Bubba, but who knows. Time will tell.

From what I can see, unless it's a privateer, there is no such animal as brand loyalty within this sport.

ericz103

Aug 18, 2006
He still has dang sexy bike... I think I like the blue look better and I don't see an energy drink logo anywhere in that picture.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
ericz103 said:
He still has dang sexy bike... I think I like the blue look better and I don't see an energy drink logo anywhere in that picture.
It'll be Red Bull, and probably on his lid

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
J-man said:
as far as all the two stroke comments. is the AMA still allowing 2t's to race. i thought that had ended.
Where have you been? Planet Remulac? Pro's still race with the 4 stroke handi cap. Amateur does not, 250f against 250.

stumanarama

Aug 29, 2007
Bubba was on the windtunnel on speed channel yesterday. From what I understand James wanted to try different things, and do some different types of races in europe, and broaden his palate. And kawasaki wasn't as open-minded. They didn't even give him a counter-bid to keep him green. Villopoto moving up to 450's was probably a large factor in that decision. I think he is going to be much happier with his new ride/team, plus he won't have to suffer anymore of those energy drinks.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom