It's RAINING at Silver Lake and Elkins Flat

Dave Wood

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 2000
Weather radar shows that it is raining right now (9:38am/6-27), at Silver Lake and Elkins Flat. When the decomposed granite trails are wet, in the High Sierra's, riding does not get much better! :)

We have added a lunch stop at Plassas resort for Saturdays Silver Lake ride.

There are still a couple spots open for Saturdays class at Silver Lake (6-30-01) and Sundays class, at Elkins Flat(7-1-01).

My next class will be August 11 & 12.

Dave Wood

August 4th and 5th Don Ivan will have his annual trailride from Pipi to Strawberry, staying overnight in Strawberry. The ride goes through the Silver Lake area. This ride is NOT easy and it is a long ride. For more information contact Don Ivans ride Line
@530-672-3672.

bulldog71169

Apr 17, 2001
can someone please post directions to Elkins flat from the bay area? I would like tomake it up for the weekend or maybe just the day on Sunday.

TIA,
Matt

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
Can't make it to Elkins Sun., but here's my route Bulldog. N680, E580, E205, N99, E88 till you pass Pioneer, make left on Omo Ranch road before cooks station, go right first fork, continue 8 miles?, pass Pipi campgroud, it's about a mile up the road on your left.

Dave Wood

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 2000
Sorry I was unable to respond. I left for Silver Lake, Thursday.

Dave Wood

bulldog71169

Apr 17, 2001
No problem Dave... I decided to wait to make the trip until I can afford to attend the class. I went out on my own for a few hours on Saturday to work on braking and cornering, since this is what got me into troubel in my first scramble. :)

Hope it was a great weekend had by all,
Matt

Top Bottom