BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
If you live in West Michigan, keep this in mind the next time you vote for a representative in the 3rd district.

Thank you for taking the time to contact me about the America's Red Rock Wilderness Act of 2009 (H.R. 1925). I appreciate knowing your concerns.

The America's Red Rock Wilderness Act would designate as wilderness certain federal portions of the red rock canyons of the Colorado Plateau and the Great Basin Deserts in Utah.

As you may know, I have a strong environmental voting record on both the state and federal level, and I believe that we must conserve and protect our precious natural resources and be good stewards of the environment. For these reasons, I have decided to cosponsor this legislation.

This bill was referred to the Committee on Natural Resources, Subcommittee on National Parks, Forests, and Public Lands for review. At this point in time, the Subcommittee has not considered this legislation. Should this bill come before the full House for a vote, I will keep your thoughts in mind, especially as they relate to off-road vehicle use.

Sincerely,
Vernon J. Ehlers
Member of Congress

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
UP Magoo said:
He's not the only one that needs to go... :yell:

Ain't that the truth.

Trouble is, Vern has been masquerading as a conservative here in Kent County for too long in my opinion. I wrote back to him and asked him how he could justify making public land inaccessible to a large portion of the taxpaying public. :coocoo:

ws6transam

Nov 17, 2005
It seems to me that a journey into the Utah desert ON FOOT is a pretty risky and dangerous feat, so this makes the land pretty much OFF LIMITS to the vast majority of the American public.

Not to mention how the economies of places like Moab, which depend on the recreational ORV, Bicycle communities will collapse when all of their customers are told that there is now no place left for them to go in Moab.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Not to mention how the economies of places like Moab, which depend on the recreational ORV, Bicycle communities will collapse when all of their customers are told that there is now no place left for them to go in Moab.

Yes, and if you think it can't happen here......

bruno670

Sep 13, 2006
Come on, Vern is the man. Everyone in Kent county loves him. He just sits on his ass and collects a paycheck like he should. Michigan is well known to just re-elect incumbants and wait for them to die in office.

SNDMN2

Jul 18, 2003
Makes you wish there were no term limits for the govenor.
Maby there is. Girl Gov. Jenny will be felt for many years to come after she's done.

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
SNDMN2 said:
Makes you wish there were no term limits for the govenor.
Maby there is. Girl Gov. Jenny will be felt for many years to come after she's done.

Sad but true........ :|

Top Bottom