380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
Im really getting anxious for Dirtweek. I think there is no better way to pass the time than to put the finishing touches on the logistics of this trip. For me getting things ready just helps time to go by that much easier. Not to mention it makes for some really good day dreams!

Are there any other Northwesterners that are planning on going? If so any chance of putting together a car-pool or a caravan?

Whats the elevation of Cooperland? And what kind of weather is to be expected during Dirtweek?

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
380:

I have lived in OKC, which is 50 minutes from Cooperland, all of my life. The first week of October is USUALLY, and I use this term loosely, pretty mild. Not too cold, but not hot. Id say plan for the temperature to be around 70-80 in the daytime and 45-55 at night.

Heres a link to some past October's highs and lows:

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/oun/climate/okc/okcocttemp.html

The weather here can change at the drop of a hat.....

As for elevation, its 895 feet.

Hope this helps,

Milk

Last edited:

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Last edited:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I found this on AirNav website. Elevation at Stillwater Airport is about 986'

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
And some wonder how we picked October in Oklahoma :)

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
The Oklahoma weather can turn on a dime though. =]

25 degrees one day and 85 the next :p

dave186

Sponsoring Member
Nov 19, 2001
380, just sent you an email, ive decided im going. school is not as important :D I still think it might be a good idea to load the bikes up in my mommas mini van :aj: 900 feet huh :scream: better get some jets.

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
ive decided im going.
Are you gonna be able to get the time off work? :moon:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
As for the weather, Okie is right. As DW02 approaches, I'll give you my "from the hip, best guess forecast". Not that it will be scientific or anything but will likely be just as accurate as "FutureCast" that all the meteoroligists are using.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I'm liking the fact that the elevation is only 20 or so feet different than what we have here. The weather is even about the same. That means.....pack shorts and Carhartt's! Ya never know what you'll be needing.

dave186

Sponsoring Member
Nov 19, 2001
I thought of something, are there going to be any facilities to wash my gear and cooperland? I plan on buying another set, but still they are gonna get pretty stinky after a week :scream:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by dave186
I thought of something, are there going to be any facilities to wash my gear and cooperland? I plan on buying another set, but still they are gonna get pretty stinky after a week :scream:
There should be a way to wash gear but washing Cooperland might be a pretty daunting task -better left to mother nature ;)

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I was wondering about the laundry thing too. It takes one day for me to become a quarantineable stank. I guess I will dig around in my old gear, maybe I can get some type of award for the most gawd awful '80's flourescent gear? :aj: Or maybe I will just order some new stuff?

Another question: I was wondering about spare parts. I really don't want to haul any more stuff than I need to. I am assuming things like handle bars, tires, tubes, levers, perches, plugs, oil and all that other consumable stuff will be available close by? I mean for criminy sakes, it is Cooperland, isn't it! :) :)

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
RoosteR13 - You must be a lot younger than I. It has been a long time since I considered bars a consumable. :D
Regarding the weather, it was 18 degrees when I rode the 12 Miles of Hell in late February in Lawton and in the mid 70's a week later. The heat usually breaks the second week of September.
Regarding hygiene ... what about showers, or do we mooch of our richer cousins that stay in town?

Top Bottom