Ive heard of this mod but i had a few questions

Pin it

May 17, 2007
I just recently bought a chinese dirt bike (yes i know there unreliable, but its all i could afford) im having a blast on it but its extremely loud.

My friend had told me that i could weld a large washer to the end of the exhaust pipe to make it less loud. When i held a washer to the end of the pipe and revved the engine it definelty seemed to make it quieter.

But im reluctant to weld it without asking first if thats bad on the bike in any way or if theres anything i should know....
maybe some ideas on how to make the washer stay on without actually welding it?.... im guessing duck tape would melt

thanks alot for your guys help

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
if you use a washer or something at the end of the silencer to quiet it down, it will DEFINITELY make it quieter, but it will make a real difference in your power characteristics and jetting.

If you bought the bike used, there's a good chance someone hogged out the baffle on the silencer, and the packing could be all blown out. Two other places to look at.

Pin it

May 17, 2007
took me awhile to find my post,

anyways thanks for the input

i bought this bike brand new for like 500 with registration so im pretty sure there isnt a silencer on it or ever was.

anyways though so you guys think its ok to weld on a washer?

Pin it

May 17, 2007
ive tryed using a couple different things now to attach the washer but it keeps eventually coming off...

my problem is that the exhaust pipe is aluminum so therfore i cant weld the washer on because i guess you cant weld aluminum so im told...

any ideas on how to better attach it?
ive tryed duct tape which didnt work it eventually either popped off or melted off.

thanks

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
2 strokes for life said:
Pin it, you could buy an old flywheel and bolt it on the muffler directly.
what? Mufflers don't gots flywheels, unless they got bearings.

Top Bottom