Ixnay on the Mini... Fiance said "big bike"

ls1cameric

Feb 23, 2006
Okay so if you read my post from yesterday I've been looking into a kx65 for farting around on in my neighborhood but had a serious talk with the fiance last night and she said that she'd rather me spend a little more and get another "big bike" and get her a 4-wheeler instead of wasting money on a toy. Fine by me because my last bike was a 95 Cr125 that I sold when i started college but wish i never did.
I'm gonna go check out the dealers this weekend and see if i can get a good deal on an 05 yz125. I think since the 06's came out they've droped to like 4700.00 for the 05's..

I guess my question is that I know the 05-06 are pretty much the same bike since they came out with the lighter aluminum frame last year. How do they hold up to the 2002-3's? I've got a buddy with an 02 and it fuggn rips but its the steel tube frame. I now honda had a lot of issues they had to wrok out with their aluminum frame.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
ls1cameric said:
I now honda had a lot of issues they had to wrok out with their aluminum frame.
What issues? Honda has used the aluminum frame since '97 on the 250s and since '98 on the 125s. Yamaha and Kawasaki are just recently catching onto this.

TimberPig

Jan 19, 2006
MXGirl230 said:
What issues? Honda has used the aluminum frame since '97 on the 250s and since '98 on the 125s. Yamaha and Kawasaki are just recently catching onto this.

The only issue I know of is some riders felt the aluminum frame was a little too stiff, because they were used to the more flexible steel frames. Honda did redesign them a bit after the first couple of years to reduce the rigidity somewhat. I believe it was mostly lower level, average joe's that disliked the stiffness of the orignal aluminum CR frames, the pro level riders generally seemed to love the rigidity it provided.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Oh yeah..I forgot about that. No major problems with them though.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom