scottyr

Mar 12, 2000
Due to family committments, I can do ONE of these 2 events, but not both this year. I have ridden the Harrison Enduro a couple of times and think it is great, but I keep hearing that the Jack Pine is great as well.

If you could only ride one of the 2 events, which one would it be and why?

The JP will take me about an hour longer to get there but that isnt really a big concern to me at this point.

Thanks
Scott

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Scotty,
We will see you at either one. Fred and I are working on the Jack Pine, but we will be riding Harrison. Jack Pine has the tradition, but Harrison has the stars from the professional ranks.
Mike

scottyr

Mar 12, 2000
Is the terrain similar?

Mileage for both events the same.

I would love to do both but committments just wont allow it this year.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
If you've ridden Harrison a couple times, my advice would be to run the Jack Pine this year. The club has been working with the DNR on getting new compartments to use for event trail. It is a very fun enduro to ride. Good variety.... plenty of bar-bangin' tight stuff, logs, fast grassy two-track, fast virgin woods trail, limited ORV trail, some road / gravel connectors. It has gotten better in each of the past 3 years that I have ridden it, and from the sounds of it this year's event will be no exception. And there's nothing like staging out of the LMC clubgrounds, and passing under the JP start control.

Attachments

• JP.JPG
    JP.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 199

scottyr

Mar 12, 2000
Well lets hear how the JP was. I was too busy @ work to prepare my bike to go.

I will be at the National for sure now.

muddobber

May 19, 2000
Jackpine

Scottyr, The Jackpine was an excellent race. First time for me there also, and did I have fun. Perfect weather helped a bunch, even a little rain early in the day Sunday. Wet sand is way better than dry sand to me. The only thing I did not like were the dark arrows. Kind of hard to see until you are right at the turn. I actually enjoyed it more than Harrison, at least the past Harrison races. Those 3 sections with the re starts were some of the best trails I have ever ridden in Michigan. Fun, fun, fun.

See you at Harrison now. :cool:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Muddobber - the trail captains for those three sections with the restarts will be visiting you this weekend - we are making the trip to your dual sport. We had a lot of fun laying out the trail and breaking it in before race weekend. I am glad you enjoyed them.
Mike

24mph,m/l

Jack Pine? Harrison?

Scotty, I don't see your name in the results anywhere, consider Wolverine on Sept. 9.Lots of elevation changes, typically trail not ridden since the Stumpjumpers last event. A little farther north, but worth the drive.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Got a bounce back from Scotty's e-mail address after the results were sent out to the D-14 distribution list. Weird...

Top Bottom