fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
LMC is putting the final touches on the track for the race next weekend. We have made some upgrades to the track - it is nearly 9 miles long!!! It will be a mixture of MX track, grass track and woods (yes, some of the woods may be tight).

Who is planning to be in Lodi next weekend? I will be there, but as a club member and not racing.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Mike

I may be there with my boys as spectators. How do I get there?

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Here is additional information.

of Spencer Rd. or approx. 25 miles North of Lake City on M-66
Requirements: AMA membership, Helmet Barcode, & class
letters on helmet and motorcycle.

Schedule:
Early Sign Up Saturday 6-9pm Sunday Sign Up 7:45-11:30am
ATV-Quads: Parade lap 8:45am Race 9:15am
(Quads will be on a different track than the minis)
2 Wheelers-Mini 50cc Parade lap 9:00am Race 9:30am
Mini 60-80cc, Big wheel, Women Parade lap 10:15am
Race 10:45am
Afternoon classes: Riders Meeting: 12 noon,
Parade lap 12:20am, Race: 1:15pm
There will be a riders meeting before each race

Concession race day, store nearby, parking available.
For more info contact: Virgina Hunt@ 517 322 2237

Mike, find the black widow van and I will be close by. It should be a great race to watch!

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
I'll be there, my son in law Ryan & I are running heavy team on the "Flying Brick"
Gotta love the 2-1/2 mile drive to the track!
High gas prices no problem!
Don :cool:

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Do I dare ask?

wolverine

Jan 9, 2002
Its an 05', I bought it last Sept. about this time. I love playing around on it. You bet Its a hand full but I really like riding it so I'm going to run it this weekend, besides I have the 250SX torn down for maintance. I'll aproach it like a sunday ride... lol...anybody wanta ride double?....Fred?...Don?...Smitdog?...Anybody?..I do have a nice little rack on back for a cooler...

DW

wyatt

Apr 3, 2002
Ya Don I have something for you too. Dont ask

The track is rumored to be less than 1/10 shy of nine miles. The motorcross track has been freshly dozed and the water tanks are being staged for a late week track watering. Anyone riding this race had better give a big thanks to the Hunts-Jeff Jim Virginia Kenny and Louie. Also Brad Birgy
Paul and Sherrie Buckler, John Spence. Once again these people have busted their butts to insure a quality race.
I dont think alot of riders appreciate how much work goes into
these events.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Well I just rode in the Jack Rabbit tonight, all I can say is that the woods section is BAD A$$. Brad Birgy & the Hunt brothers are sick! The grass track & the motocross is great. It was raining hard & the woods were very slippery. It should be a great race.

Thanks to Wyatt for the use of the dozer & land. Thanks to everyone for all of their efforts getting this put together.

DW, the big bore will be fun out of the woods on the track.
Don

wyatt

Apr 3, 2002
Don prerode? CHEATER. Is that why you wanted to borrow my chainsaw, so you could install shortcuts. Lets see
9 miles per lap and 4 laps(notice Don I am being generous
trying to turn over a new leaf ya know) and dons odometer reads 21 miles at the end. Sounds pretty fishy.

I am kidding, Last time I picked on you Debbiedoll tore me up.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
fatherandson said:
Mike, find the black widow van and I will be close by. It should be a great race to watch!

Mike - we will be sure to look you up! My son Mitch has suddenly found an interest in learning about harescrambles. This will be his first time spectating at one, so all you crazy's need to put on a great show for us! :p We just may talk him into doing one someday - and from there we may ween him off the quad and onto a bike!

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
KTM Mike - there will others there this weekend to spectate and learn. I rode with a guy and his daughter last weekend. They will both be there to find out more about hare scrambles.
Don - I heard there may be another family in the heavy team class. I will be sure to tell her about the rain/dust control.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Wyatt,
I have the shortcut to the house figured out, I can ride home, take a break & have a JD & coke & still get 4 laps scored unless they cut it short! I will remove the odometer just in case any one looks.
Don

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
The Jack Rabbit was a great event, anyone who didn't make the trip missed out.
A big THANK YOU! to every one who helped out. The dust wasn't to bad. I had a great time and alot of fun. Was really glad that I teamed for this one.
Don

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
My boys (and one of their buddys) and I had a blast watching the action yesterday! I was quite suprised to hear my 12 year old ask questins about what class he would be in etc. if he were to do one. I wont be suprised if he ends up trying a HS in the future! (it would be neat if i could do a team event with him actually).

Don, sorry we didnt recognize you right away in that little woods section south of the start - you were looking good - even had enough energy to let out a big yeehaw as you went by!

I was quite shocked to realize the gate fee - I have been spoiled by enduros. At first when they said $10 - I thought they meant per vehicle , not to bad. When she said "no, per person" I was floored! OUCH... while we had fun, $40 to watch it was a bit steep in my book. Fortunately, two of the kids were 12 or under so they did not charge for them. Honestly, had we all been charged, I think i would of turned around and went home. Does not seem to be a good way to encourage spectators at all! Do they charge people that accompany a racer? If not, next time I could just bring a bike, register to race, and then sit and watch!

woodsracer369

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 3, 2004
Mike,
I know what you mean, unfortunately at all of the HSs I went to last year, It was $10 per person in the vehicle (including the participent (me)) + the race registration fee. I started doing Enduros this year and haven't been back to a HS.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom