JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
I'm thinking about getting a jacket for the winter and I wonder what you guys do. I normally wear a size XL but Im concerned about the CP fitting under the jacket. If I step up to a XXL Im then worried about the jacket being to big.

Are these jackets made with a chest protector in mind?

Are you running the same size enduro jacket as your normal everyday jacket?

Thanks
Jeff

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Jeff--my Malcolm Smith enduro jacket is an XL, and fits over my CP nicely. I would wear a large or XL in a normal jacket. Since you live so close to Crapperal, you might just want to pull a CP and jacket off of the racks and see what works best for you! :thumb: <-Look, it's Tonys' avatar!

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
My story from an "Ivan" / " :yeehaw: Truespode" approach.
During the Amarillo spodefest this past spring Tigger and I made our way for the 8 hour each way drive to the canyons just outside of Amarillo. We managed to catch a 30 to 40 mph tail wind the entire way. As we pulled in to the Lake Murry OHV park to meet up with the rest of the spodes it was about 80 degrees. We setup camp (1st time assembly of the new tent) and sweated our butts off in the heat and fierce wind. About dark 30 the winds turned out of the north at about the same velocity so we hit the sack. Now being that we slept in a tent and went to bed so early I awoke rather early the next morning (about 5:30) to relieve myself. As I stepped from the tent I noticed it was very cold. When I checked the temp gauge in the truck it was 17 degrees f.. When the sun came up I would be danged if I wasn't gonna ride but rest assured it was still cold. I wore in this order, a thermal, t-shirt, jersey, chest protector and last was a wool pull over. As the temp approached the lower 40's I was very hot, I ended up loosing the pull over and still was hot.

To answer your question, I wore a pull over over my cp and it worked fine. I don't think I'd wear a thermal under my t-shirt though. What I really needed was just something to stop the wind, the rest of my clothes held the heat of my body in.

wow, now I feel like I've posted an "Ivan quanity" post. :p

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Dang, I was going to post that my enduro jacket was an XL and it worked fine with my CP. I normally wear an XL ( I like them just a hair big).

Can't remember for 100% proof positive now if its an XL or XXL :( Sorry, I can look when I get home. Mine is a Thor sumthin sumthin.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Thank guys- I just went ahead and ordered a XL. I guess I will find out on Monday..... MXsouth rocks!!

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
I think you'll find the XL has plenty of room. You'll be amazed at how warm that flimsy thing will keep you too. (I was toasty on the fog ride!)
The riding jacket was the best investment my wife ever made! (X-mas.) :yeehaw:

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
Mine is over 'cuz it's better to hose it down after a dusty or muddy ride than your CP; old-school style. Get this: the oldest (and I mean old as in 49-er) feller in Corona wears his underneath :think: - go figure...I mean talking about setting a bad example for us younger folk...he prob'ly doesn't even wear High Points anymore.

CRX

Jun 3, 1999
We winter ride here in Nebraska. The best way to dress that we have found is to wear "Thermax" ? type long johns, regular MX pants and jersey, chest protector and riding jacket. I normally wear an XL jacket and it fits fine over the CP. The thermax works very well, It wicks away the moisture from your body so you don't get cold. In fact, you have to open your jacket to keep from getting too warm. Bike modifcations include grip heaters from snowmobiles, which we use the headlite circuit to power, and ice studs in the tires..........CRX

Top Bottom