Jackpine August 21st and Pine cone family Enduro August 20th.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Mike and I spent the entire weekend working on the Jackpine National Enduro. All I can say is this will be the best JP since 2001. We got some awesome trails baby! Walt I even put some smiley faces on a few arrows for you to remind you it's all fun baby. Next weekend it's ORANGE PAINT time.

We got a mixture of unknown control and check in-check out sections-a rather unique enduro.

Everyone should finish but you will be tired. :nod: :nod:

katoom125

Apr 25, 2004
need help?

Hey Fred,
Do you have all the help you need - before or the day of the event?
I might be able to find some if you're tight.
Randy J.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
katoom125 said:
Hey Fred,
Do you have all the help you need - before or the day of the event?
I might be able to find some if you're tight.
Randy J.

Yeah, we can use some riders. Pre riders and sweep riders. We'd like to have 3-4 riders on each sweep team. I'll Pm you my cell #

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
DRN was well represented this past weekend. Tommy Dixon worked with us also.

We will be at the clubgrounds the next two weekends working on both the Jack Pine and Pine Cone. Fred and I will be camping there on Friday and Saturday night this weekend. Anyone who is interested and available to help out, let us know.

I agree with Fred. I was impressed with the trail in our section (second gas to finish).

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
HHAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
HHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!

That's all I've got to say about the trail.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
I don't know it sounds too tough for me!
I think I better cut the bars down more.
Im looking forward to it.
Don

nzambon

Apr 19, 2003
Well lets see 1 weekend several workers what maybe 6 or 7 miles of new trail but then jackpine only staples arrows on trees and lets the riders make the trail. How about trail like Marquette cut cleaned totally rideable the A section 500 + hours alone. Any how keep up the good work see you there Barkbuster trail boss? hope the wife will let him.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Nick - private property versus public. The DNR only allows us to mark the trail 3 weeks prior to the event. Sorry...no details on how much new trail. That sounds familiar. I know barkbuster wanted to provide details on the LM, but you did not allow it.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Some goodies to get you started...

2004 Pine Cone / Jack Pine
http://community.webshots.com/slideshow?ID=179053113&key=OZVyUW

Oscar Lenz - "Old Jack Piner"
http://www.motorcyclemuseum.org/halloffame/hofbiopage.asp?id=49

Motorcycle Hall of Famer John Penton
http://www.motorcyclemuseum.org/halloffame/hofbiopage.asp?id=84

Motorcycle Hall of Famer Joe Gee
http://www.motorcyclemuseum.org/halloffame/hofbiopage.asp?id=109

Motorcycle Hall of Famer Bill Baird
http://www.motorcyclemuseum.org/halloffame/hofbiopage.asp?id=20

Historical Influence of the Jack Pine
http://www.meteormc.com/clubhistory.html

Where it all starts...

JP_2002.jpg

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Things are coming together for these events. Thanks to Sparkey and Randy J. for your help this weekend. A special THANK YOU to Barkbuster for making the trip down to help with our section this weekend. We do appreciate your artwork along the trail :)-

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Keep going U R half way! :laugh:

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
BB - Are you going to be sweeping for me on Sunday? Stick a couple of extra plugs in your gunny sack for me... :cool:

PoeBrian

Oct 10, 2002
Fred T.,
Can I assume that there will be gas transport available for the race as the 2 day and Marquette also provided?
I have heard that gas transport was not provided in some previous races!
Just wondered!!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
PoeBrian said:
Fred T.,
Can I assume that there will be gas transport available for the race as the 2 day and Marquette also provided?
I have heard that gas transport was not provided in some previous races!
Just wondered!!

I keep getting asked this question and I don't know the answer, there is contact information on our website and you can call Jeff Hunt and ask him, he's the trail boss on Jackpine. I'll e mail Jeff but I don't know if he will answer me.

Orangewoods

Jul 25, 2005
I heard From Brian Poe today that you will need you own gas truck and from what I understand make sure you have enough gas in the gas truck to get to the gas stops.The club will not provide a Gas truck.... VIA Linda Vankovering...

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Orangewoods said:
I heard From Brian Poe today that you will need you own gas truck and from what I understand make sure you have enough gas in the gas truck to get to the gas stops.The club will not provide a Gas truck.... VIA Linda Vankovering...

Both gas stops are in the same spot so if you can find a buddy to haul your can out there you are good to go..we will not have a gas truck.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
The route sheet is being typed tonight. Ground miles are less than 100 and no more than 37 miles between gas stops. Some of the ground miles are two track connectors after resets. No one should have a problem running out of gas.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
If I show up to ride the Pine Cone, do I need to buddy up with a junior partner, or can I just ride alone? This sounds like a nice way to get a ride in.

Also, how is the trail up there in terms of dust? Unfortunately I should avoid really dusty conditions. Silly question for trails in Michigan in August, but then I just thought I'd get a reality check from someone that's been up there lately.

Thanks for the information.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
TCTrailrider said:
Weather forecast is rain on Friday, stopping early Saturday. Zero dust with a high of 75 degrees.
Boy, you can't ask for better conditions! Sounds heaven-sent to me!

Top Bottom