YAMAHUNT

Jul 6, 2006
Just a reminder: Pre- entry must be postmarked by July 14th, we have around 30 so far for Jack Pine, 18 for Pine Cone, get them in if you want to pick your # and save ten bucks..... make sure if you wish to ride with someone you send them in together.

AA are reserved one minute on each row from 21 to 40. 4 bikes per row.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
It is not too late to get your pre-entries into the club.

I did not get a chance to work on the Pine Cone, but I spent the weekend on the Jack Pine. Looks to be about 60-65 miles - the mileage crew was starting their work when I left on Sunday afternoon, but is estimated to be 28 miles to gas...maybe a gas available around 45 ground miles. The longest test section will be around 10 miles...remember it will be late July and it will be HOT! We may have a CMW split. The final section will be on private property....a first for LMC.

Pine Cone will be 12 mph - same as last year. There will be some tight trail, but no long sections (maybe 2-3 miles), but plenty of open trail in between.

It will be a great weekend for everyone! Pine Cone will be round # 6 of the Family Enduro Series. Do not forget that round # 5 will be this weekend in Matthews, IN - Family Enduro on Saturday and a great trail ride on Sunday - well worth the trip!!

Last edited:

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Spent the afternoon yesterday diverting some whooped out sections of ORV that will be used by the Pine Cone. Planning on grooving in the "new" stuff tonight, should be great trail.
Don

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Just so he gets credit, Bryan helped yesterday also.

Maytag show up when he's suppose to ..................believabile when it happens. :nener:

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
fatherandson said:
.... We may have a CMA split. The final section will be on private property....a first for LMC.

CMA split? Pardon my ignorance...CMA?

Sounds like a fun event. It will be Mitch's first district race - looking forward to it.

My sincere apologies to YZman.... now back to our regularly scheduled non enduro programming.

Mike

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
TCTrailrider said:
CMA, C and Masters is my guess.

Glad you had to guess to...

Country Music Awards? hope not, I hate that twangy crap....

C, MAsters.... ok...might make sense.

Will your Penton be there?

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
TCTrailrider said:
Thats the plan. Sent in my registration and requested minute #1.

:cool: I look forward to seeing it. Mine is iffy right now - possible tranny issue I have not looked into yet - had hoped to at least ride the pinecone on it. For the Jackpine I planned on riding my EXC with Mitch regardless.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Grooved in the diverted trail last night.....sweet, still need to trim and remove some face slappers.......or maybe NOT!
Don

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Don Marsh said:
Grooved in the diverted trail last night.....sweet, still need to trim and remove some face slappers.......or maybe NOT!
Don

No need, I won't be there ;)

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Sorry you guys won't be there. The diverted trail is to avoid some of the whoops (or jumps if you were on a MX track). Maybe we will see you guys next year.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
fatherandson said:
Sorry you guys won't be there. The diverted trail is to avoid some of the whoops (or jumps if you were on a MX track). Maybe we will see you guys next year.

We are running a 5k in Hart that weekend and then hitting Big Air on Sunday. I like the whoops better than new trail. Whoops are nothing it's the tight new stuff that gets me.

Last edited:

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Denny & I trimed and cleared .7 miles of new trail last night. We also rode some diverted trail to groove it in more, it is sweet.
Don

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Don Marsh said:
Denny & I trimed and cleared .7 miles of new trail last night. We also rode some diverted trail to groove it in more, it is sweet.
Don
Soooo....would this be the SuperSenior section? :nener: I know Freddy got his own Social Security section for the JP.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
"Don, please clarify for Maytag the Agitator that you are working on Pine Cone trail"

WHAT! I thought I was working on the JP trail...........man the Pine Coners are going to be upset with me for the EASY trail I have been working on. :laugh:
Don

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
I worked on the JP today with the boys and I must say it has some good stuff going on up there :cool:

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
Wolverine423 said:
I worked on the JP today with the boys and I must say it has some good stuff going on up there :cool:
Yes there is. I walked a section, hand trimmed and arrowed to the max. Rode 2 loops afterwards and a blind man can find there way, cause I did. Lots of arrows does not mean easy.
Today I replaced the piston and rings in the 200. Took the Penton for a 20 mile loop on Grand Traverse. 34 years has made some advancements in handeling. A fiew turns of the clickers would have made a big difference, but it doesn't have any. :yikes:

Top Bottom