tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
fatherandson said:
It was only his second Jack Pine trophy. He was very pleased to finish the event.
Way to go Darrel!
Slowone it was nice riding with you while it lasted!
Congrates on your finish and placing :cool:

RedGreen

Jul 20, 2005
Jack Pine was awesome!! it was probly the sweetest enduro i've ever done, and i'm not just saying that!! i had a blast, and i even learned what gas-stops are really for (thanks, brent). i even saw this funny-looking van towards the end of the day, any idea whose it was??

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
i even saw this funny-looking van towards the end of the day, any idea whose it was??

That's the Michelin van. I heard that the owner was handing out free S-12's after the race!

Young Grasshopper said:
and i even learned what gas-stops are really for (thanks, brent).

Yes, thanks Brent as I would have spent the rest of the daylight hours rescuing young grasshopper had you not had your gas can with you at the OB check.

When I got to second gas the ladies said "you know, none of us saw Ian put gas in his bike at the first stop". It was a sick feeling when I grabbed his gas can and found it completely full. :ohmy:

slow_joe

Mi. Trail Riders
Oct 9, 2004
Thanks for getting me setup Don. That section that someone mapped out through all the downed trees and brush, otherwise know as the "Marsh Bog :p ", just about broke my will. Between the 2 times I hit the ground and the 15 or so stalls, I was just about ready to sit down and wait for Denny to sweep, because Denny always seems to have an extra beer. That was the worst beating I ever took motorcycle riding. After cleaning goggles for a couple minutes and the rain quitting, I got a good groove going and had a good run to the end. Also another thanks to the gentleman who that drove the gas out for us with no chase crew. And thanks to LMC, that is a great place to spend a weekend. The kids even love that place.

slowone

Aug 4, 2006
Slow Joe, that section with the rain thrown in was definately a challenge. I came up on a pile of no less than four bikes laying on the ground in clouds of steam. I know that it definately was a test of will for myself as well. I dropped more points in that section alone than the first Jackpine I rode 14 years ago total. I learned that I definately need more ground clutter riding experience. That section was definately fun in its own way and I learned more riding slippery conditions than I have since I picked up riding again a few years ago. Definately a hoot, I just hope to do a little better at Harrison.

CW250

Jan 31, 2007
Here are the pictures from the weekend:
DSC01951.jpg

DSC01946.jpg

DSC01935.jpg

DSC01911.jpg

DSC01900.jpg

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
All of those logs were the first test after first gas. Freddy's section. Arrowed on foot. Marsh, Marsh, and myself gave it a test ride after a good rain and we were on he ground all day long. Told F&S and Freddy that I was going in on foot to clear some of the debree, make it a little more rideable. I was quickly overruled and told to not touch a thing. :bang:
Glad you enjoyed it, glad I left it alone. I worked the check in to that section, but the check out would have been way more fun. :laugh:
Slowjoe, congradulations on your first enduro and a great finish.
All comments seem to be very positive for this event. Proof that Enduro Riders enjoy a good butt kicken.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
TCTrailrider said:
All of those logs were the first test after first gas. Freddy's section. Arrowed on foot. Marsh, Marsh, and myself gave it a test ride after a good rain and we were on he ground all day long. Told F&S and Freddy that I was going in on foot to clear some of the debree, make it a little more rideable. I was quickly overruled and told to not touch a thing. :bang:
Glad you enjoyed it, glad I left it alone. I worked the check in to that section, but the check out would have been way more fun. :laugh:
Slowjoe, congradulations on your first enduro and a great finish.
All comments seem to be very positive for this event. Proof that Enduro Riders enjoy a good butt kicken.

Yes, that section was "mine" as in responsibility to get it arrowed and laid out with Jeff Hunt. Most of it was arrowed on the bikes with Don, Brian, Jeff and myself. The rain made a HUGE difference in the level of difficulty and to those that had trouble in there I was pre riding that section Sunday morning IN THE RAIN before the riders came through, I went down 3 times in there my self so at least you can rest assured that I got to "enjoy" those slippery logs too being responsible for that section. :cool: DWand Brian were with me that morning and we fixed some arrows, at least I heard that arrowing was real good. :nod: At least it was ont relentless and gave way to some flowing trail after the first few miles. :ride:

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
YAMAHUNT said:
Hey DW,

Wheres the picture of the "SPEED RACER #8" rider on the little blue bike?
Cody posted those. I'll post some when I get home tonight.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Sweet pictures....I really like the one with Cody and Liz driving DW's rhino. Hey, where is the trail? I hope they did not scratch it!

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
You know it got scratched, but we also know who had to HAND POLISH it afterwards.......
Don

YAMAHUNT

Jul 6, 2006
I just want to say thanks to a few non club members that helped me out at JackPine: Mrs Marsh and Blaine, Heather and Melanie, The Double D's, Mrs. Wolfinger, Dani, Teri, Robin, Vicki, SmitDog and Zack. We at Lmc really enjoyed and appreciated all of your help :cool:

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
wyatt said:
I was talking to someone from LMC last night and he told me that Darrell Dixon finished and trophied, It was his 42nd JACKPINE!!!! AMAZING! That has to be some kind of record.
Not yet. Sal Scirpo, from Connecticut, rode 50 that I know of. Two of them were Overall Champion back in the '50s.

Young Ted

Top Bottom