bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
I'll take some face slappers and even Don's arrowing if it means less whooped out crap, but then I did ask for a later minute for some strange reason.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
What's the reason for everyone doing 40-50 miles and 12 MPH average? Personally I thought the 2 course lengths and speed averages made for a really good event for all age categories. Either way I'm sure it will be great as PineCone trail (especially event stuff) tends to be some of the best.

DW - Zach rode his first enduro 4 years ago (age 9), and it was the Pine Cone. What was supposed to be about a 43 mile loop turned into us missing an arrow, getting lost, getting back on course (re-running it) AFTER sweep had gone through pulling arrows. It was about a 6-7 hour ride, and his XR-70 went 68 miles without even hitting reserve. We made it back to LMC after trophy presentation....

What doesn't break Caleb will make him stronger.... AND GET SOME BARKBUSTERS FOR THAT BOY!!!

slowone

Aug 4, 2006
Got a new Jackpine slogan, "Jackpine, the missing an eye I used to have and now with one less nipple enduro." "Jackpine, the it used to be a new jersey but now it is torn and I've got stitches enduro." "Jackpine, the got any duct tape for the hole in my face enduro."

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Smit-Dog said:
. It was about a 6-7 hour ride, and his XR-70 went 68 miles without even hitting reserve. We made it back to LMC after trophy presentation....
QUOTE]

But there was a trophy waiting for him as I remember. Another Pine Cone tradition.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
bbarel said:
I'll take some face slappers and even Don's arrowing if it means less whooped out crap,
What’s wrong with whoops?...If I had it my way I'd run you'se guys back and forth through the National guards damn bomb field! Then you all could complain about the azz slappers! :nod:

PS. Ain't this great. I have 3 more weeks to stir the pot!

UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
Wolverine423 said:
I would have thought that you yoopers are used to getting your faces slapped....
Bound to happen once in a while ... ya gotta ask for the order ya know... :ohmy:

Wolverine423 said:
PS. Ain't this great. I have 3 more weeks to stir the pot!
Somehow, I think this is just getting started... :think:

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
:ride: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
First of all I think it is shaping up to be another great event, I think we have made progress over the past few years as an event. Getting the compartments to make new trail on has really helped us a great deal. (Thank you tree planting and road clean up crews. :cool: )

Secondly because we ARE THE ONLY ENDURO TO STILL USE STATE LAND we are not allowed to get working on the trail clearing brush etc for months ahead of time. We get 3 weeks to get it all ready. So I guess some face slappers may exist on race day.
We were arrowning the new trail as we were laying it out last weekend and we got some pretty sweet sections done. I would love to race this event if I could. :ride:

We will have plenty of arrows up and the trail will be burned in so the first riders see a trail and not hunt for arrows.

You can expect at least 6 great sections of new race trail with milege in some to exceed 10-12 miles at a time, some shorter- I have not seen it all yet.

There will be Roads, 2 trackers, forest roads and a little ORV trail or route for connector trails. (NO more than 5 miles total) We avoid ORV as much as possilbe but we godda get to where the good trail is how ever we can.

Hey thats what you get with a state land enduro, its not perfect but I'll bet it will be a heck of a lot of fun and a challenge as well. Not bad for a Sunday ride in the woods.

I guess the riders can decide that after they finish the run on Sunday. :nod: I hope we get lots of riders this year.

slowone

Aug 4, 2006
Good explanation of the situation Fred! I would like to see another club pull off the layout and arrowing on state property in three weeks time with no face slappers! Oh, not to mention mileage, check placement, check crew organization, road crossing crews, coordination with the county and state authorities and on and on. Oh, did you mention that most of this is only able to happen in a three week period? As far as the Jackpine motto, just being a smart ass as usual! :nod:

Ward

Jan 23, 2006
It looks like work will have me in town and I might be able to actually race this event for once. I have ridden some of the old trails and it's a great area to ride.

Now for the quick quesion. Okay I got bike - check, working head and tail lights - check, brake light - check, plated bike - check, quiet EE exhaust - check, mirror - check and lastly horn - ahhh do I really have to go to Toys'R'Us and get one?

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Great explanation Fred. :cool:
I heard last night that we may get another compartment to cut down on the ORV, just need the DNR to approve it & hope they don't cut it before we can use it.
I will be burning in the trail tonight should be fun. :) :)
Don

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Don Marsh said:
Great explanation Fred. :cool:
I heard last night that we may get another compartment to cut down on the ORV, just need the DNR to approve it & hope they don't cut it before we can use it.
I will be burning in the trail tonight should be fun. :) :)
Don

Lets hope we get more compartments. I won't make it tonight, I have a meeting at 3:00

UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
slowone said:
I would like to see another club pull off the layout and arrowing on state property in three weeks time with no face slappers! Oh, not to mention mileage, check placement, check crew organization, road crossing crews, coordination with the county and state authorities and on and on.
Maybe you should talk to the Range Riders in MN about the awesome enduro they put on last Sunday. Two guys put together an awesome 76 ground mile enduro in a week! With lots of new trail to boot!

Or, just about any other club that puts on an enduro.

It is typical that there is only a few workers that do the majority of the work. Although we tease each other about our events, don't think you are the only one that puts forth any effort to put an enduro on.

slowone

Aug 4, 2006
I don't believe that we or I made a statement claiming to be the only group that does any work to put on an enduro! To make a statement claiming that a group or individual is the only group or individual doing any work in relation to making enduros happen would be plain IGNORANT! If I say something I say it. I did make statements regarding the time constraints that we are under, in relation to what state authorities will allow as far as trail marking and layout. I did say I would like to see another club pull off an enduro while using state land in three weeks! I guess if another club has put on an enduro in Lower Michigan, primarily on state property, and has dealt with DNR and Law Enforcement groups in their respective area or counties then I am sure they understand the unique situation that LMC is in.

As far as other clubs in other states doing enduros, I am sure they have unique problems to overcome as well. Two guys doing the majority of work for any organized competition motorsport and having it be quality is great! Wish those fellas nothing but the best. On that note, gotta get back to work cause I am the only one that does any of that around here.. ;)

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Enough with the club pissing contest already..... :|

BE THANKFUL AND SUPPORTIVE THAT WE HAVE ALL THESE GREAT ENDUROS TO RIDE!!!

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Each club has their own opportunities and challenges. We all do the best we can. I do enjoy the joking between the clubs, BUT some comparisons fall outside of the joke category. Some of the vets within the clubs can be a bit sensitive and some of the rookies need to be aware of this issue.

nzambon

Apr 19, 2003
So anyhow AL senior A Randt says you can clear trail way before 3 weeks prior. Do we have a some one not telling the truth.? And am I to understand the pine cone is 40 to 50 miles rockon I just might ordain you honorary YOOPER STATUS. Bring it on.

UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
fatherandson said:
Each club has their own opportunities and challenges. We all do the best we can. I do enjoy the joking between the clubs, BUT some comparisons fall outside of the joke category. Some of the vets within the clubs can be a bit sensitive and some of the rookies need to be aware of this issue.

It's not often you get to see my sensitive side.... :boss:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
UP Magoo said:
It's not often you get to see my sensitive side.... :boss:

Sounds to me like EVERY ONE is making progress toward higher quality events, learning from the customer and getting better. I'm looking forward to all the events we have this year.

Nick, it's OK to keep stirring the pot -we would hate to see you change. :p Hope you don't smash your toe again this year and can actually ride the enduro, I think you may like it but you can put your trials tire away unless it works good on LOGS. :nener: .

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Da pot stir'n gooood! Remember leave handguns & knives at home! Baseball bats & tire irons OK. :cool:

AFM32

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
nzambon said:
So anyhow AL senior A Randt says you can clear trail way before 3 weeks prior. Do we have a some one not telling the truth.? QUOTE]

I may need to talk to Mr. Randt. Most of his trail in the past has been on private property - no access restrictions. If he is using public land and has permission to access it to mark trail two months early, I would be surprised.

Top Bottom