James Stewart a very interesting interview

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
James gives a bit of insight into who he is and how he got there
<object width="440" height="361"><param name="movie" value="http://espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=4107959"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><embed src="http://espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=4107959" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="440" height="361" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object>

TRexRacing

Jul 23, 2002
It has taken me some time to understand James Stewart.He is maturing into a Champion.He was a brash kid who took some insane risks and still does to an extent.If he can remain healthy he'll challenge all the records.However that is a huge if.Good luck James.

Aryain

!!!!!!
~SPONSOR~
Feb 13, 2007
"Are you the most dominant performer in any sport?"

"Yeah."

This is my dream.
I want to be exactly like him.
Thank you for this video. This has helped me a lot.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Gotta love him.

I have seen him ride twice, outdoors. Both times were the most amazing displays of athleticism I have seen.

TRexRacing

Jul 23, 2002
Yeah seeing him ride up close is a treat.That's why I hope he rides outdoors this year.Too costly to see an SX for me.But I love Mt. Morris and it's like an hour away.

RYDMOTO

~SPONSOR~
Feb 16, 2001
It Takes a lot of CLASS to return kindness from an act of hatred.
James father is a true hero in my book.What people such as these
have to endure and step beyond bitterness creates people who are true leaders in my book.

TRexRacing

Jul 23, 2002
It also gave me a new perspective on Big James.He's always so stoic and intense when shown on TV at the races.Seems like a genuine nice guy.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Chili said:
"10 mil or whatever, I earned every penny."
I find that sort of a sad statement. Does it really take that kind of money to get people to perform? Granted this isn't only a JBS problem but do ya' think any of the guys that made the sport what it is were as concerned about the money? Is he saying he wouldn't go out and ride like he does if he was limited to getting paid $100K a year? I mean it IS something these guys supposidly love to do right?

I think overall it was a good interview I just hope he doesn't go down in the record books with a "*" beside his name indicating "First African American" or something stupid like that because it really shouldn't matter.

TRexRacing

Jul 23, 2002
Why?I believe he's just saying he worked damn hard for that money.And I agree.He's dedicated his whole life to MX and he's one of the few it payed off for.And he only speaks of race when prompted or asked.I respect that.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Why? IMO nobody "earns" $10M a year, it's all just part of the screwed up system of "sports" though. Do you really believe that the job any professional sports participant does is so hard that they should be paid excessive amounts? I sure don't. Of course then Joe Average gets stuck footing the bill when he buys a new bike, or gear or parts and tickets to events. I really believe that if there was a cap on what any professional racer / player can earn we would see the real competative spirit on the field / track and a lot of the drama would be left where it belongs, outside.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
Patman said:
Why? IMO nobody "earns" $10M a year, it's all just part of the screwed up system of "sports" though. Do you really believe that the job any professional sports participant does is so hard that they should be paid excessive amounts? I sure don't. Of course then Joe Average gets stuck footing the bill when he buys a new bike, or gear or parts and tickets to events. I really believe that if there was a cap on what any professional racer / player can earn we would see the real competative spirit on the field / track and a lot of the drama would be left where it belongs, outside.

Free market makes more sense than any cap when it comes to individual athletes like JBS. Joe Average can stay home or spend his money elsewhere..that's far more influence over professional sports than even our over-glorified voting system. I probably can't say any more without it becoming politics and getting locked.

He has earned every penny. Moreso than Tiger Woods in my opinion..who probably earns much much more.

TRexRacing

Jul 23, 2002
Patman said:
I disagree "comrade".

May 10, 2007
james nailed it. WE are the ones paying him. when you buy stuff from his sponsers you are paying him. if you dont like that then dont buy stuff from his sponsers.
i also completely agree. we should cap the money riders can earn so that a rider who never wins a heat race and certainly not a main event can earn the same money that JBS does :coocoo:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
That's the cool thing about free market and free speach everybody can have an opinion on it. :laugh:

James I am quite sure Tiger earns more than $10M and I'm not for it either. Of course I'd also like to see a little comparison of how these two use what they have to do for others.

Let me ask a free market question. Since all is fair in a free market system and Joe Average can choose to spend his pennies elseware why do people scream foul when they there is $4.00 a gallon gasoline or the cost of a organ transplant, yet giant pay checks for people that play games is all just part of it? What makes that person's "skill" more valuable than say the doctor that saves your life? Wouldn't you guys be curious to see just how comitted these stars would be if they had a significantly lower payout? Look back on the guys that raced for the love of it and see if they are living the life of champagne wishes and caviar dreams. It was the same free market back then

Oh BTW TRex if you only had a clue about how far off you were with that comrade comment :laugh:

May 10, 2007
Patman said:
Oh BTW TRex if you only had a clue about how far off you were with that comrade comment :laugh:

doesnt sound like it.

you think all MX riders should be paid the same regardless of skill.

you think that a doctor and a pro athlete should be paid the same ammount regardless of the fact that it is harder to be a pro athlete vs becomming a doctor.

most people could become a doctor. most people could not become a pro athlete.

as to your 4 dollar gas that is simple economics. supply and demand.

also why doesnt joe shmoe go convert his car to use green diesel. my cousin did this and can usually get gas for free as fast foot joints would otherwise have to pay to get rid of it.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Sure fuzzball why not have a set base pay and then race for a purse? Novel comcept I guess.

You are so far off because you are making the mistake of basing your opinion of a person on a single post or two. Sort of a knee jerk reaction but you are young so that's to be expected. My 16 year old and all his friends know everything too.

If you had a clue about what was involved to become a medical doctor especially one that specializes I'm sure you would realize how silly that idea really is. Becoming a professional ball catcher or bike rider has nothing on what is involved. Do a little research, talk to a few of each and see who really has to put in more effort and hours to get where they are you will be suprised. BTW would you really want the guy or gal at the bottom 10% of your graduating class to be the one reattaching your leg? Not me, and not most people, heck not most medical establishments which is why your idea of anybody becoming a MD is so funny. :laugh:

$4 gas is exactly supply and demand yet people make a big deal about it and say the oil companies are making too much profit.

Yes and if everybody did what your cousin did do you think there would be enough supply for everyone to still get the grease for free? :laugh:

TRex you seem to be getting a little lathered up for no reason. I guess if you want to give us a reason it can be arranged.

ericz103

Aug 18, 2006
I agree with the others, if you think Jame's sponsers are paying too much don't buy their stuff. Me personally, I would rather see James get it then the high ups of company.

I'm not going to buy more exspenive stuff because they sponser someone, if the same product can be had cheaper.

But on the other hand if it comes to two equal products of two equal prices, I'm going to buy the one that supports the sport naturally.

I always heard growing up oh this basketball player makes so much and these teachers only make this, and the teachers are the real heroes. I say thats life. It is free market, and thats what america is about(cough or used to be cough). You don't like, don't support it by watching it, or buying sponsers items...maybe their pay will go down a couple pennies.

jsantapau

Nov 10, 2008
Patman said:
$4 gas is exactly supply and demand yet people make a big deal about it and say the oil companies are making too much profit.

apparently supply and demand works just as well for pro athletes and their endorsement deals? kinda hypocritical to say it is ok for the old ceo of Exxon to retire witha 400million$ severance package but not for a pro athlete to get want he can?

I think they all make too much money but it is only my jealousy showing but I do have to choice not to buy a Yamaha, not to buy a Stewart replica whathaveyous and to walk or ride my bicycle or take puplic transportation as often as I can

if you really want the best revenge on people who make the good money ,lock your wallet up and be succesful on your own right , right?

any how back to the original idea of this thread, I remembered when he was starting in the 125's and winning some reporter asked him about being black he was just so taken back just kinda like" what the hell does that have to do with anything" look on his face just made me a fan of his I'm just a human doing what I love attitude

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I think the point is missed, I am not singling out JBS or even MX, I am not even expecting 50% of the people that read it to actually understand it (which is pretty aparent). No big loss for me though.

jsantapau

Nov 10, 2008
:clue: ahhhhh I get you, its no wonder college football ,AA baseball,semipro hockey stands are usually packed well maybe not college football in that regards

sorry

ericz103

Aug 18, 2006
I think the point is missed, I am not singling out JBS or even MX, I am not even expecting 50% of the people that read it to actually understand it (which is pretty aparent). No big loss for me though.

Our culture values the wrong things? If that was your point I can agree. I just watch a show about steve-o and his success at being at coked up jackass... he probably made more $$ then a lot of doctors.

Not just mx, but in the big picture the distribution of wealth per how much good you do society is not equal? Again I don't think any rules could ever fix that. Maybe I'm way off at what your trying to get at.

Top Bottom