Jason Who-Jetting question for you

88KDX

Jan 30, 2003
Hi, Just to remind you, my stock jetting on my 88 KDX is horrible. I constantly foul plugs on cold start ups. Have to much smoke and to much spooge. My stock jetting is Main 145, pilot 48 and needle p-3 (middle), a/s out 1 &1/2 turns. I just put in a 45 pilot. It starts better now w/o fouling but boogs in mid and high rpm's (while rideing). I turned the a/s 2 out and it seemed to get a little better but still no power over 1/8th throttle. My mid and top end use to be great. What should I try next? I have stock exhaust, DG silencer, boyesen power reeds. I'm still running the B9ES plug. I have a couple new B8ES ready to go but am afraid they will foul.
Thanks

88KDX

Jan 30, 2003
Well, I put the New B8ES plug in and it's running great now all through the rpm range. (The other plug must have been a little fouled, DOH!). It's raining now so I can't really test it in the woods.

ZKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2002
jason...if 88kdx passes on your pipe when and if you decide to sell it, let me know!

88KDX

Jan 30, 2003
My stock muffler/sparkarrestor was so clogged with spooge I had to through it out (I rode for 15 years w/o rejetting). I replaced it this year with a DG silencer. What a huge difference in low end power the DG silencer made. I miss the quiet stock muffler but I think it robs to much power. I bought a Cobra Sparky (sparkarrestor) that bolts to the end of the silencer that I put on when I need it. Is your FMF pipe in good shape.

88KDX

Jan 30, 2003
No problemo, I'll take them this weekend. It's suppose to be a high of only 39 at my house this weekend here in NY. I can't wait till I move to FLA!

Top Bottom