endoquest

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 4, 2000
Hi all, I do this every year. Drive from Oregon to Jawbone Canyon, CA for the whole week(Nov 17-25) and ride with all my old desert and DRN buddies(you know who you are!).
This is an invitation for hardcore riders that can handle long days, big hills, desperate canyons, VERY technical obstacles and general punishment amongst all who attend. Riders with short tempers are particularly appreciated.
Please reply with the utmost dispatch. Cheers, endoquest

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
I wish I could this year Adam but I'll be in San Francisco with fam damily. I think Bundy said he will be there.

You guys have fun and roll a flaming tire down a hill for me.

endoquest

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 4, 2000
I hear there are some good hillclimbs in San Fran, racing the trolleys and such. Next time thiumbs, see ya.

zero_it

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2000
Glad to have been on your minute at the Blackbear Enduro this past weekend. What a ride! Those trails tight enough for you? We are definitely in for some punishment at Jawbone on Sunday afternoon (11/18) and all day Monday (11/19). As long as I survive Endurocross, we'll be ready to hit it hard. Please post details or pop me a PM.

Thanks!

endoquest

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 4, 2000
Good to hear it Zero, I'll be getting there LATE saturday but will be there for the rest of the week.
Sunday/ Monday is perfect. I'll get Kiwi to post directions to our camp (got that Kiwi!).

Had a hoot at the Black Bear, it felt good to get so punished. Nice slap in the face.

I'll PM you with cell phone and email, Cheers. endo

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
I've been wanting to ride my 520 down there for years, so maybe I will plan ahead for next year. Hopefully the 300 hundy will climb like the 520!!

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Directions for the stupid/brave/needy and most especially anybody who says "I can climb any hill and go anywhere YOU can go " - we really like you.

Whiners and those who get scared when they can't see their truck WILL be accomodated.

From the north end of Mojave at the Autozone 14/58 highway split zero your trip meter.

Take highway 14 north towards Mammoth/Reno

At mile 18.25 turn left at Jawbone Canyon.

Continue past the cattle crossing at mile 22.1 where the road turns to dirt.

At mile 22.7 turn right on to SC176, go across the wash and follow the sign saying SC176 goes straight.

At 23.05 make a left turn where you can see the Restroom building and go directly past that towards the small hills opposite the big hillclimb hill.

Our camp is at the base of the small hills .

Look for white Ford w/ honkin big 5th wheel toybox, white Dodge Ram with DRN sticker in rear window, flatbed Chevy with "Gemini Concrete Pumping" on door.

Everyone is welcome. Bring firewood and anything else you need/want to consume.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
KiwiBird said:
Whiners and those who get scared when they can't see their truck WILL be accomodated.
Read = You will be left on a hilltop that you can see your truck from but will have no idea how to get there in one piece and with your bike.

zero_it

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2000
Kiwi, Endo, Squid, etc. - Thanks for the great ride at Jawbone. It's pretty rare that we get to get out and shred the desert like that, especially with tour guides. Those hillclimbs were sure a kick in the butt! Can't wait to do it again. Anytime you guys want to plan a riding trip to Washington or British Columbia, let us know and we'll try to hook up to show you some of our best singletrack.

Here are a couple shots from Monday's ride. You tried to scare us, but Kiwi is the one looking scared walking his bike down these rocks! Good stuff.

Attachments

• Pit stop.JPG
    Pit stop.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 205
  • Kiwi.JPG
    Kiwi.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 201

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Sorry I missed it. Hope everyone came out in less than 4 pieces. Cool pic on that downhill.

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Hey Zero_It, good to meet you bunch. Nice pics - the rock hill actually looks a lot more gnarly in the pics than in real life.

Hope we get to see you next year.

Top Bottom