DanS

Sponsoring Member
Dec 6, 2000
Going to Jawbone for the first time this coming weekend. We plan on camping and would like to know some of the best places to camp and ride. I have a good map of the area I got from CORVA so if somebody could point in the right direction I should be able to find it. If anybody else is going to be there maybe we could hook up. It will be my girfriend, her son, his girlfriend, and myself with 3 bikes and a quad.

Sorry about posting it in the General Forum. Did'nt see the Places to ride forum. After all it is a Monday.

Last edited:

BrentBlain

~SPONSOR~
Aug 21, 2000
i usually park along the white pipe line. Alot less riders than dove springs and tons of trails. I go by the ranger station and turn right on one of the dirt roads where you see the white pipe line. I usualy go around 2 or 3 miles and find a nice open spot along the road. I usualy park on one place but its hard to describe but they are all pretty good. Away from people so you don't have to worry too much if you have smaller kids. I will be thier this weekend. If you are more the party type and don't mind being surrounded by people dove springs is the place to go. I have never parked thier but always ride over their and look. On a holiday weekend its pretty crazy.

-Brent

Rogue

Dec 25, 2000
I was going to ride in Stoddard and Johnson this Friday and Saturday. I have never been to Jawbone. Last Chance(accross the highway) I know well. Would you mind if I join part of your exploring? I trail ride slow and love tough hills.

BrentBlain

~SPONSOR~
Aug 21, 2000
ya by fireroads and trails. I would say its probably 5 miles or so. I used to do it when i was little on an ATC 70. But if you want to park on dove springs thier is a faster way to get their by the highway, i am not sure what that wa is but i know going though jawbone is the long way even know its possible.

-Brent

brett r

Nov 6, 2000
If you ride over to dove most the trails around the canyon are whopped out,watch out for pit racers around the main area,there are alot of people who are really fast on fireroads thru camp. I ride there all the time and never actually ride in the dove springs canyon. To get to the good stuff ride the mountain range behind it.Its some of the best stuff in socal ,pit racers,quads and rails have a hard time on single track so there's not many people back there.

BrentBlain

~SPONSOR~
Aug 21, 2000
if you stop by the ranger station they have maps and points of interest. If you are looking at some good rides they have places you can ride to. Mcgyvers cabin is a good ride that puts you though the tree's. Its a faarily easy ride. Or you can visit the buro smits mine shaft. ALOT of the trails near dove springs are miles of whoops so if you want to avoid alot of those its better to stick closer to the mountains. Jawbones a great place you'll have fun.

-Brent

BrentBlain

~SPONSOR~
Aug 21, 2000
ya its alittle past the california city exit on the left if you are coming from mojave. You will see the ranger station on the left and i think its called jawbone cayon rd or something like that. It is a small street and its pretty easy to miss it at night because its so dark. Thier is a post office thier and the burndown/torndown jawbone cayone store that used to be thier. The people at the ranger station are real nice, they helped find out lost dog once. I think you might have to bring some money as the good maps are like $1 or something like that, i can't remember.

-Brent

BrentBlain

~SPONSOR~
Aug 21, 2000
Here is some information i found on it, i got this off another site so i don't know how accurate it is.

Jawbone Canyon/ Dove Springs. 2811 Jawbone Canyon Rd., Cantil, Ca 93555, 619-737-1146. Located 20mi north of Mojave on Hwy 14. Access is Jawbone Conyon Rd. and Dove Springs Road. Steep canyons, hill climbs, and trails. Two open areas, total 8,570. MC, 4WD, ATV, DB.

-Brent

Top Bottom