Jawbone President’s day weekend

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
Well with all of the rain everywhere here’s some proof that some one did ride at Jawbone.

I got to Jawbone on Saturday morning and it was raining. It’s been raining for a few weeks now down here and I’m looking forward to taking advantage of what’s going to be some killer traction. I meet up with Kiwi and some of his friends, but due to the rain people aren’t too keen on riding. So after BS’ing for a while I decide to go ride. I take off and notice that there is not a soul out there but and the odd furry creature. I go ride far about 20 or 30 minuets and get soaked pretty good. After a long brake to warm up, dry off, and go in a parts run for the people camping out I take off on another solo ride. By now the rain had stopped and it was awesome out side. I made my way on over to the Jawbone store and kicked back there for a bit, and even scored a free chili dog! Talk about right place right time! After a bit I took off and proceeded to ride all over the place, seeking out whoops and just tearing through them as fast as I could. All told I put in more then 60 miles of mostly whooped out riding with tons of standing water.

I came back on Sunday and took off in another day of killer weather. About 8 miles out I looked down to see that my front fender was about to fall off. So I stop take it off and attach it to the side of my backpack. As I’m on my way back I pick up the pace and am now in fifth gear forgetting that I no longer have my front fender installed. Well I go over a hill in through a big puddle of water, and send all of that water up onto my face. And can no longer see anything. So I stop with a quickness and clean me self off and continue the ride back with some more caution. One other thing about riding with my fender strapped to my pack is that it would poke me in the butt. And trying to go through the whoops like that, well let’s just say it was rather distracting. I got more then a few odd looks on my way back to camp.

All and all it was a total blast and I wish I would have ridden more, but there’s always next weekend!

Top Bottom