wr3cked

Apr 27, 2005
so ive been hearing about these JD jet kits. i have a 05 cr250 and ive been messing around with jetting. supposidly the needles in the kit are supposed to be better than stock. but 75 bucks :whoa: for a few needles and jets? am i really going to see a big jump in jetting crispness?

Steve St.Laurent

Mi. Trail Riders
Feb 6, 2006
I'd heard of the jetting nightmares with the 04 cr250 so I bought a JD jet kit and put it in before I fired it up the first time. I started with his suggested settings, played around with the idle air screw and ended up back at his starting point. My bikes been running great ever since. I have over 50 hours on it now and have ridden it in everything from 13 degrees to 95 degrees here in Michigan with no problems. Still have the original plug in it and have never fouled a plug. Can't tell you if that's better than the stock jetting but based on everything I've read it sure sounds like it is!

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
Wr3cked,
Dude Spend The $$$, It Will Be Well Worth It. Honda's Are Notorious For Screwed Up Jetting Trust Me, You Will Spend At Least That Trying To Figure Out What Jets To Buy. Have You Priced Oem Honda Jets??? Buy The Jd Jet Kit And Be Done With It, You Won't Be Sorry.

Dave Leathers.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
James Dean aka JD really does an excellent job on his kits. If you know how to jet you could probably do it without his kit and save a few bucks, but from my experience most people who think they know how to jet are wrong. ;)

AgentOrange

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 18, 2000
Fwiw,

I use the jd kit in my 03 cr450 and would recommend it. The circuit transitions are smooth as silk. It also makes it easier to dial in your bike with the two different needles if your climate changes are drastic like here in mizzourah.

Last edited:

rosscopeeko

Feb 25, 2005
I bought one for my 03 cr250 but haven't installed it yet, but my buying decision was based on reading nothing but good things about the kit. My cr's jetting was screwed from the factory so i'm sure i'll love the difference. I'd say buy it if you have jetting problems like me.

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Worth every penny. I've been running his needles in my KTM two-stroke for several years and jetting is clean and crisp as can be.

wr3cked

Apr 27, 2005
oem jets are a rip off but aftermarket jets you can get from WPS or any distributior for $2.50 ... the 05 has cleaned up jetting from the 04 and i have it pretty close now. but i think it can be better. but sounds like this guy has them dialed. and i ride everywhere from sea level to 6,000 feet. ill have to invest in one! thanks for the feedback!

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
BTW it isnt the jets themselves that are special, it is the needles. The kits come with two needles and a couple of main jets and maybe a pilot jet or two. The needles are where its at.

mtk

Jun 9, 2004
wr3cked said:
oem jets are a rip off but aftermarket jets you can get from WPS or any distributior for $2.50

I wouldn't buy any jets that were not genuine Mikuni or Keihin jets. Yes, no-name aftermarket ones are cheaper. In this case, you definitely get what you pay for.

wr3cked

Apr 27, 2005
im talking about genuine. there made by them. just a 1/4 of the price because honda or whatever manufacturer marks them up.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom