MXTex

~SPONSOR~
Feb 29, 2000
Has anyone heard of Jeff's condition from his US Open injury? I heard that he broke both legs when he landed on the face of a triple. Man I hope that little guy is OK.

srellis

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 25, 2002
I read in the forums of Motonews that he cracked his L1 vertabrae, fractured his right Tib/fib and heel.  Surgery on his back was to be today with his foot later in the week. They seemed to think he will pull through OK.

It scares me when I hear these things. I was on a business trip last week when my 10 y.o. son called and said he cleared a 75 ft tabletop when dad took him out to practice. I'm glad I wasn't there. even though he didn't crash, he had never jumped that far before.  

Susan

srellis

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 25, 2002
Latest update on Jeff:

Jeff had back surgery to replace a L1 vertebrae with a titanium piece. He still needs surgery for his heel, which is crushed and his lower leg (tib/fib) which is broken and displaced. They couldn't do surgery there until the swelling goes down.

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
Here is the latest update

racerx

Jeff Alessi Update

Honda factory minicycle rider Jeff Alessi was seriously injured in a big crash at the U.S. Open of Supercross last Saturday night. Here's an update on his condition from his father, Tony:

"Jeff endured three surgeries this week to correct and repair damage sustained in his crash at the MGM Grand. His back was repaired by the removal of a rib and vertebra L 1. And the replacement of a titanium spacer. His leg and heel were plated and screwed. All injuries will have a 100% recovery expectation. Jeff will be riding by the time supercross season begins."

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
"Jeff will be riding by the time supercross season begins."
Wow.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I don't imagine that quote will lessen the feelings of many that he is an over the top mini parent. Most would be more concerned the kid will walk again never mind that he's back on the bike in time for SX season.

Last edited:

jaction125

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2003
I'll go out on a limb here and just say it--That ain't cool man, sounds like a big plastic hassle for the rest of this poor kid's life. And I'll bet the kid doesn't even like to ride anymore :|

MXTex

~SPONSOR~
Feb 29, 2000
I didn't know you could replace a vertebra. The kid hasn't even reached full size yet. What will they do when he grows more, replace it again?

2smoke

Sep 21, 2001
MxTex good point....I thought how can you replace a piece of your spine and recover that quick...but he still has alot of growing to do so I wonder how they'll handle that in the future. But I tell you if any child of mine had to have a rib removed and a chunk of his spine replaced....how soon he can ride again would be the last thing I'd think about.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
I knew the Alessi boys Grandmother when I used to live in their hometown, and she knew I was a dirtbiker myself and always questioned me about why her son would risk everything to race. From his perpective I understood it. From the perspective of a parent with my own 16 yr. old son who rides I don't get it. I know he never made the big time. Perhaps he is living out his dream through his boys.

Top Bottom