Jeremy : Shock spring rate question.

BermBuster

Apr 17, 2001
I am running the stock setup on my 2000 CR250, however, I feel that alot of my jump landings bottom too easiily.

I'm 6'2, 200 lbs and ride motocross. It does'nt help that I often fail to completely clear the doubles / triples :scream:

Since I cannot get Race-Tech's spring rate finder to work, I was just going to order a 4.95 Kg spring. (do you ship springs only?) I'm just not sure as to whether I should go to the 5.15 Kg spring.

Do you think that I will definitely benefit from the 4.95 given my weight and riding environment?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
Berm, I am 6'1", 190 and use a 4.95 on my CR. It was a great improvement over stock. I suggest you call or e-mail Jer diirect, as I know he will not quote prices, etc. on this forum.

Anssi

May 20, 2001
Originally posted by BermBuster
Since I cannot get Race-Tech's spring rate finder to work, I was just going to order a 4.95 Kg spring. (do you ship springs only?) I'm just not sure as to whether I should go to the 5.15 Kg spring.

Do you think that I will definitely benefit from the 4.95 given my weight and riding environment?

If the linkage rates are at all similar to my YZ250, you will benefit from a 4.95 and I would seriously consider going to the 5.15 if you are at all aggressive and are not planning to lose weight. I have a 5.4 and I'm 92 kg(very nearly 200 lbs.) and I have re-shimmed suspension and I still bottom, although not very harshly.

BermBuster

Apr 17, 2001
Thanks for the input. I'll probably go to 5.15, as I am an aggresive rider. And since I'm certainnly no Pro, I find myself coming up short often when clearing doubles, triples (ouch !)

Thanks.

Top Bottom