jet needle chart

maxsg

Dec 7, 2002
Is there a chart that shows the Kawasaki jet needle id mark (ex. n3we) in relation to jet needle size,diameter,taper and part number? I have found several conversion charts. But none of them convert the id mark to needle size.In the factory service manual they list the jet needle as n3we.How can I convert this ? If anyone has Carburetor jetting and optional parts chart from a Kawasaki race tuning bulletin \guide for 2000 kx250 that would work for my purpose.Team green online only goes to 2001. There are several factory jet needle options but they are listed as that annoying 4 digit code without size. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You
Max

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
James Dean, a frequent poster to the forums has an Excell spreadsheet solution that also incorporates slide cutaway, pilot size, main jet and temp and altitude info for 25 bucks or so.

Your Kawi needles should be in there. Part #'s won't be listed.

www.JDJetting.com check products by catagory/ intake and fuel/jetting chart.

Last edited:

James Dean

May 17, 2000
The only letter of use with the Nxxx needle codes is the last letter.

NxxA = 2.655mm needle straight diameter
NxxB = 2.665mm
NxxC = 2.675mm
NxxD = 2.685mm
NxxE = 2.695mm
NxxF = 2.705mm
NxxG = 2.715mm
NxxH = 2.725mm
NxxJ = 2.735mm

The remainder of the code does not explain the needle profile. Only a Keihin chart or measuring them will give the information.

The N3WE is a 2.695mm straight diameter and 3 tapers. The majority is 1.5 degrees.

The closest single taper needle to N3WE is CCK.

James

'00kx250spode

Oct 21, 2000
The 3rd letter, W or Y, refers to the clip position. The Y needle's grooves are half-way inbetween the W's.

maxsg

Dec 7, 2002
Thanks for everyone's help. I'm well on my way to getting the correct jetting thanks to the James Dean jetting guide and program.www.JDJetting.com check products by catagory/ intake and fuel/jetting chart
Thanks again
Max

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…