reepicheep

Apr 3, 2009
Turn off petcock and remove carb from bike (you can leave fuel line disconnected, but it'll be tight). Route all the overflow lines into a catch can of some kind, it'll leak from different ones as you rotate it. I suppose you could also just close the petcock and run the bike until the carb is dry, but that might be hard on the motor.

Unscrew the plastic cap thingy that has the throttle cable going through it. It'll unscrew by hand.

Push the spring and it's plastic slide collar all the way up so it is completely up in that plastic cap, over the nipple the throttle cable comes through. If you put it all the way up, you can handle the whole thing a little easier, but it's still awkward.

With that spring and collar all the way up, you can push the cable in then out and up, and it disengages from the slide assembly. It does not have to go down far to disengage, but I never had much luck with it until I pressed the spring and collar way out of the way.

Then use a nut driver (5mm maybe?) to remove the needle from the slide... The clip is on it.

Installation is the reverse.

The FMF tuning guide says "leave the clip in the middle", and that is what worked best for me.

Top Bottom