Jim98KX250kid

Dec 14, 2005
Plz Help!!! Jet Washed Now Wont Start

hello, i recently power washed my 110cc thumpster now she wont start up ive drained the carb checked the oil used quick start speay, there is a spark but she just wont kick any 1 have any ideas becuase im lost cheers!!??? the only thing i can do is to wait untill it dries it self im now fearing that theres water in the engine wich is more than likely wat it is in this case will i have to get the tool kit out and start ripping it aprt or will it macically dri itself?/???????? PLZ HELP

DAM THAT JET HOSE I SHOULD OF USED THE SPONGE :(

Last edited:

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
air compressor will help it along

TimberPig

Jan 19, 2006
Try pulling off the magneto cover and blowing it out with compressed air. If you've drained the carb, odds are that you got your ignition wet and it isn't sparking very strongly because it is wet. You may also have wet connections between the magneto and coil, or coil to spark plug. Try checking them and ensuring they too are dry. Next time be more careful when power washing your bike, to not spray the stream too heavily on electrical connections, or other places where water shouldn't be.

Jim98KX250kid

Dec 14, 2005
wat is this air compressor ur talking about bud?and weres the magneto cover? will these dry out them selves? im gettin a spark from the plug!

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
:cool:

TimberPig

Jan 19, 2006
Jim98KX250kid said:
wat is this air compressor ur talking about bud?and weres the magneto cover? will these dry out them selves? im gettin a spark from the plug!

An air compressor is a very common tool that pumps air under pressure into a tank, and can allow you to inflate tires, run air tools, runa blowgun etc. I honestly have no idea how this isn't obvious, unless you are really inexperienced mechanically. They are incredibly common.

The magneto cover is the left side cover, that covers the generator and pulse coils for the ignition, allowing it to spark. Spark at the plug does not guarantee the bike will run. If it ran before nad doesn't now, you messed something up with the water. A weak spark caused by wet connections, could fire the plug in the air, but not under the engine's compression.

Jim98KX250kid

Dec 14, 2005
TimberPig said:
An air compressor is a very common tool that pumps air under pressure into a tank, and can allow you to inflate tires, run air tools, runa blowgun etc. I honestly have no idea how this isn't obvious, unless you are really inexperienced mechanically. They are incredibly common.

The magneto cover is the left side cover, that covers the generator and pulse coils for the ignition, allowing it to spark. Spark at the plug does not guarantee the bike will run. If it ran before nad doesn't now, you messed something up with the water. A weak spark caused by wet connections, could fire the plug in the air, but not under the engine's compression.

Yes thanks for the help so i take this cover off then just dry it out ? is this alll thanks and what do you meen by blow thw spark plug in the air :think: is there a good chance i can get it running again without having to dish out some dollar?

TimberPig

Jan 19, 2006
If your ignition is wet, the output of it may be reduced. This may still show good spark with the plug grounded on the cylinder head, but when under compression in the engine, the spark may be too weak to jump the plug gap, hence it won't fire under the compression. Drying the ignition parts out, may let it build a stronger spark again, and it fires under the engine's compression again.

Unless you have fouled a spark plug trying to start it, or physically damaged something with the pressure from the water, it is unlikely it will cost you anything to dry the bike out and get it running.

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
hopefully you also didnt spray water down the exhaust, that would cause problems as well depending how much you ended up getting in there

Jim98KX250kid

Dec 14, 2005
sick 96 250 said:
hopefully you also didnt spray water down the exhaust, that would cause problems as well depending how much you ended up getting in there
its all sorted mate i fired her up this mornin after a few kiks she started up so i drove it about 4 a bit too tryt and clear any excess water and shes firing up first kick again WOOHOO :aj: im off out for a few wheelies haha

Top Bottom