I have the following specs:

175 Main
40 Slide
AS 1 out
52 Pilot
Clip 3 position
98 Octanes gas at 32:1
Castrol TTS oil

No spooge, my pilot is ok(I have great response and the idle is perfect) in 1/2 throttle opening the engine has strong power and at wide open no problems (the reading plug is perfect, gray color with a black ring close the bottom of insulator).
But I am not satisfied yet. If I am riding for 1 minute more slowly and then crack the throttle from 1/8 to 1/2 I can see a little of smoke but without any surging or hesitation!!!!
How can I clear up this smoke ? Could be a solution changing the needle taper a step more leaner ? it will affects about from 1/8 to 3/4...
Any help would be nice.

Durt Cycler

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
I wouldn't think the jetting would cause this sudden burst of smoke because riding the bike very slow for 1 minute or so will load it up and cause more oil buildup in the combustion and when you crack that throttle the RPMs go up causing the combustion to clean out that extra oil it loaded up on. If the jetting feels alittle rich or lean on the needle then change it around but if it runs crisp on the needle but with that little amount of smoke then messing with the needle won't really help. Differents 2-strokes oil will smoke more hten others and some will not smoke at all (Maxima SuperM never smoked for me). I am now running a Castor oil (Klotz BeNOL) and I get some smoke so I have understood it is not a jetting issue more of a oil issue.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…