dboone1

Jul 12, 2008
:bang: 1990 kdx 200 with sleeve making it 204,only mods are pipe mod from canadian daves and snorkel removed ,boyesen pro stock reeds runin 32:1 on 89 octane,just reringed.im at sea level in south florida,temp is 90 and humidity is about same.So my carb seems to be jetted wrong,it has 150 main and 48 pilot with 1172n needle jet in the 2 from bottom,it wont rev past half throttle sonds like loadin up and on bottom it idles pretty good and runs descent until about 1/4 throttle then it gets choppy kinda have to play with throttle ,my plug is black and seems smokier than i like obvious,i moved the clip up and it tryed to open up a little more but once i got to the top position it still sounded the same,ive read the carb tuning but im not sure if i should go up or down on the main,i think i need a 45 pilot and 148 main according to everything i read but the recommended is 45/48 and 152/155,it seems that main would makeit smoke more but my question is is there any one out there with same bike around same year and same weather and sea level that could tell me what they run or recommend for a baseline before i order wrong jets?o them jets were in bike when i got it and i know the main is not stock so any help would be much appreciated ,ive read alot of forums but they dont seem to relate to my bike or conditions.thanks for great forum! :bang:

Top Bottom