Jeepboy

Oct 25, 2000
Has anyone noticed significant jetting changes when changing air filter brands? I have a cr250 and just recently replaced the stock air filter with a No Toil filter. The last 3 times riding I've had problems with my plug fouling. The only thing I've changed is the filter (still oil it the same). I don't have any leaner jets currently so I plan on putting the stock filter back on for my next ride to see if it fixes the problem. Just curious if all aftermarket filters cause jetting changes?

Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
I use stock and twin air filters. Also changed filter oils once or twice. Never noticed a difference.

In your case I think it's a great idea to go back to what you had and see what happens.

jaypro55

Aug 6, 2001
Yeah I have one stock and one Twin-Air filter and I go back and forth between them noticing practically no difference. The only thing I do ever notice is that the stock one seems to get dirtier quicker, because it has bigger pores in the foam but that's the extent of it.

Jeepboy

Oct 25, 2000
I switched back to the stock filter and used the same oil and the bike runs great again. Maybe I'll buy a twin air filter, although I thought the twin air and no toil filters were similar.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I would be very suspect of having too much filter oil on the filter. I always hang them up overnight to make certain they are drained, even after I feel I have them squeezed and patted completely. They will STILL drip some oil.

Can Can Kev

Feb 24, 2003
i have a twin air and UNI filter the uni is brand new the the twin air was on the bike whe n i bought it (00 yz 125) never notice any difference......

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom