jetting for dummies???

njkx

Apr 13, 2004
Does anyone know where I can find info on how to adjust my carb (01 kx 250)??? I know what adjustments to make, just don't know where to start. Don't know where to find the various jets and needle. Should I buy the repair manual??

SULLY

Apr 17, 2002
Definitely get a manual, then read it from cover to cover. This will give you most of what you need to know for jetting (In the adjustments or fuel section). Then do a search on this forum for advice specific to your bike.
My general advice,
a)never be to hasty, allow jetting settings to bed it before looking at plug readings, spooge etc..
b) make sure all other stuff in tip top, no leaks, good fuel, right oil/fuel mix ratio, no air leaks etc...
c) make small adjustments, never big ones unless you can be definite that the result is what you want, (EG going from a stock jet which is usually way rich from the factory to one closer in the ballpark) if you make too large an adjustment, and end up too lean you can do major engine damage.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…