jetting for idle

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
I have always jetted the pilot/air screw circuit with the throttle valve almost all the way closed (idle screw way out). This has always provided the cleanest off idle jetting while riding giving the best throttle response. This position and jetting usually will only allow it to idle on its own for a few seconds. This never bothered me, but now I have a new dilema.

I just installed the Rekluse auto clutch and now I think I may want it to idle on its own.

With my current jetting set up, which I have been very happy with for off idle response, when I raise idle/throttle valve with the idle screw to get a self sustained idle (in gear auto clutch disengaged) the throttle response is a little boggy/lean. Going to the next up pilot leaves the response slightly muddy/rich.

I just wanted to get some feed back, maybe I should just leave the idle low and and keep bliping it like always, I dont know, I havent trail tested the clutch, but will this weekend.

(edit) BTW- air screw adjustments seem to give the same response in regards to either idling with a rich off throttle or not idling, also the screw is less responsive with the higher throttle valve setting. This has all been driveway and neighbor disturbing jetting, nothing real yet. I will trail ride but not spend any heavy jetting time this Sat.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…