davewr360

Aug 1, 2003
just a quick post for any info on jetting for this bike, atm it is ok but the power just stops so suddenly, its not more power that i'm after just rideability issue
cheers

Norman Foley

Nov 14, 2001
TRAIL RIDER in the U.S. tested WR360 with jetting set by distrbutor at...430 main, 35 pilot, 6AEJ164 needle with clip in #4 slot, air screw set at 1.5 turns out. Test took place with temps -7c to 20c. they said power was explosive and that in top gear tapped out, rear wheel traction was the limiting factor not power(81.9 mph with stock 15/48 gearing). I know these temps are low for Oz, but its a place to start. They said that even in this range of temps they never changed a plug.
Norman

cujet

Aug 13, 2000
I own an early version of this bike. I found that the powervalve avtuating rod had fallen off, and the top end suffered.

I also ported my bike to more modern specs. I used 194 deg ex duration and 134 transfer duration. I went to the PWK carb and use a FMF fatty pipe. I even cut 25mm out of the head pipe of one of my fatty pipes in a successful attempt to get more top end. As a matter of fact, the shorter fatty pipe is really too biased towards the top end for all around riding. However the HP is up and the bike is faster with the shorter pipe.

Chris

dingoe

Feb 13, 2003
What model, I ride the TE-570 from sea level to 5-6K feet of elevation and the stock jetting is in my toolbox. I run 180 main, 40-45 pilot and stock needle on 2 in upper elevations and 1 clip down at 0 (zero) elevation. Bike is crisp and will pull your arms off if you let it. I got mine geared from stock 14x48 to a 13x50 and that helps with the hit (pull).

Ed

Fallbrook CA

Top Bottom