stern

Jul 29, 2003
Can anyone help me I am currently riding a KDX 220 2003 with boysen reeds, Doma race pipe.I have had 2 previous KDX 220 01 02 models with the same doma race pipe fitted and they seemed to run a lot better.I have jetted it up and i have done a plug chop test on each size I currently have a 158 main jet in and the plug is still white although the bike seems to run alright wot the problems seems to be 1/4 to 3/4.I dont want to go up any more sizes as the Standard jet is a 138 I think and I am worried I could cause any damage

I wondered if any body had a similar problem and if its fine to keep jetting up more sizes could it be something else giving me the problem as it is 1/4 to 3/4 throttle that does not seem right and I thought this was the clip postion so i tried moving the clip down to make it richer as the plug test indicated and this made it a lot worse.

fivefour

Jan 31, 2003
stern said:
i tried moving the clip down to make it richer as the plug test indicated and this made it a lot worse.
I would try moving the clip up, or go with a leaner pilot jet. It sounds like your running rich. Is it a bog or hesitation?

I maybe wrong but I don't think your bike came with a 138 main jet.

Top Bottom