Jetting Question on KTM 200 EXC

JCW

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2003
I just got an 01 200 EXC and it runs great with good off idle power and smooth transition to midrange and top end. My concern is that there is a lot of black ooze coming out of the pipe which makes me think it's very rich.

I am running a 180 main jet (1 clip from the top) and a 48 pilot jet.
Any recommendations for jetting this bike in the southern USA climate? I think I will try a 175 main jet tomorrow and see what happens.

Thanks,

JCW

ktmracer

~SPONSOR~
Aug 9, 1999
If the bike runs properly i wouldn't worry with the spooge, unless it is excessive. If you are riding the tight woods, a little oil on the silencer is par for the course. Is the silencer packing fresh? saturated packing could be causing some of the spooge. also, when making jetting changes, i try and increase/decrease the jet sizes in the smallest increments possible. try the 178 instead of the 175

JCW

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2003
Thanks for the info & yes it is excessive. Does anyone know what stock jetting is for the 200 EXC, plus any specific jetting recommendations for the 200EXC.

Thanks,
JCW

RanMan

May 22, 2002
What needle are you running? I would try the 45 pilot.
My '02 runs good with the following at 60 degree temp
and up: PJ: 45, MJ: 178, Needle: NOZF (3rd clip). I do have
spooge on slincer, but some is to be expected.

JCW

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2003
Thanks RanMan. I just cleaned the Turbine Core 2 silencer and raised the clip to the top position on the 180 main. The bike sounds much better and the smoke is more reasonable. I agree that a 45 pilot is in order.

I'm gaining on it.

JCW

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Got a fax #? I can fax over a copy of the recommended jetting from the owners manual. It tells you what jetting to run based on temps and altitude.

agitt73

~SPONSOR~
May 11, 2000
stock 45p 178m noz f needle is stock which works well for me mixing at 42/1
adjust air screw for temp and rase needle clip 1 for summer and middle for winter

JCW

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2003
I'm going to put in a 178/45 as soon as it starts to warm up. I'm still running the 48/180 (top clip) and it really runs great from idle to WOT. I think some of the spooge is from the silencer needing new packing. I will also repack it shortly. I love it just like it is. My goal is to keep the power valve from getting clogged up and get more fuel economy with the leaner jetting. I can't imagine it running any better than it does now.

Thanks everybody-

JCW

Top Bottom