Jetting questions for a 1996 xr 600

XR600

May 30, 2001
I have a 96 xr 600 that is completely stock except for a cobra slipon exhaust. I haven't even taken the snorkel out of the airbox yet! The bike seems to run fine but I always wonder if I could get a little more out of the bike and maybe make it respond to throttle inputs better.

Should have it jetted and which size jet do I use for a stock engine with a cobra pipe.

What do you think the results will be? How will I feel them? Would a jetting change be noticable while riding ...Like, "HOLY CRAP! I WISH I DID THIS A LONG TIME AGO!" ...or will I barely notice? What other mods would you suggest for this bike. Rider weighs in at 185lbs and is getting back into dirt riding after a 15 year hiatus.

Thanks !

-rookie thumper guy

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
XR,
Feeling the difference between a properly jetted bike, and one thats not is huge. Anyone on this board will tell you the same. Whether you will notice it depends much on how often you ride, and how in-tune you are with it. If your bikes jetting is off, and you have never ridden one thats properly jetted, you may not notice it. If its stumbling off idle, and has flat spots in the powerband, you need to re-jet. As you begin to feel out the bike after being out of riding for a while, you may be wondering if "thats all there is?". If you changed pipes, I would recommend rejetting the bike.
If you are coming to Modena, let me know, cause I have a bunch of stuff, (jets, oil filter, o-rings, tank sticker, barpad), I need to get rid of. Maybe we will have a few minutes to check it out. Let me know if you plan on coming July20.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom