Jetting, where to start???

SirReel

Aug 23, 2001
Ok, now that I have spent some time riding, and getting used to everything, it's time to make this bike run correctly. I have an 01 yz250 and the problem seems to be between 1/4 and 1/2 throttle. It starts "gurgling" and seems like its cutting out. I am guessing I am really rich as I have lots of spooge... Am I on the right track? Which jet(s) should I be concentrating on for this, and where can I get them? I would like to order quite a few, so that I will have them on hand and can go up or down, but can't really find anywhere online to order them. I would go to my dealer, but so far, they are 0/5 on even getting the correct bike when they have orderd parts in the past...
Any help would be greatly appreciated...

cr25096er

Apr 16, 2002
drop that dealer. id say go richer on the pilot n leaner 1 notch on the needle. just start experimenting

bruce j

Dec 14, 2001
You should check out the jetting instructions on Eric Gorr's website and also those on Canadian Dave's KDX site. Try dropping the jet needle and adjusting the idle mixture before you spend money on jets.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…