Zacharus

Dec 3, 2005
fmf gnarly desert pipe
stock silencer
snorkel removed
stock reeds
everything stock besides pipe

jetting is stock, i think stock for the 200 is 160main, 48 pilot ?

im under the impression that it is too rich

temps here in tucson are around around 70's at 2000 feet.

Fmf says to do this : 155-160 main
45-48 pilot
R1173L needle
clip position 3rd
1.5 turns out on air screw

What would you expert guys say ? thanks

G. Gearloose

Pigment of ur imagination
Jul 24, 2000
I suspect that setup would net quite lackluster, mediocre, common-peasant mundane performance.
Remember jetting is a process, not just part numbers.

Rhodester

May 17, 2003
You'll probably end up around 152 or 155 on the main and 42 on the pilot. I wouldn't give you 2 hoots for their needle selection though. With the stock slide I'd go with a CEM/3 or a DEM/3 (preferred, IMO). I'd also go with the aftermarket reeds too.

Peppy

Sep 24, 2005
I ended up going 8 sizes richer to a 168 on my KDX with the same setup as yours except with a TC 2 silencer. The plug with the 160 main was white as a ghost when I was expecting the complete opposite. Anybody know why it was so lean?

Rhodester

May 17, 2003
Peppy, It's called a vacuum leak (or possibly bad reeds). However, the part of the plug that indicates jetting is at the extreme base of the plug not anywhere near the tip end. The tip will be white if; a) You have few discoloring additives in your chosen fuel; b) You are in the proper heat range of the plug; c) you ride aggressively enough to keep the end of the plug clean (in relation to the plug heat range). If I had your situation I'd do a leak down test to make sure of a possible vacuum leak I so wouldn't damage my engine.

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
Listen to Rhodester on the jetting and use the stock needle to start -- using next to top clip position. Somebody said it right jetting is a process not a part number. It is often a slow and long process with changing conditions. Cheers John

Top Bottom