team-green32

MAGA
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 27, 2001
Chicago
what size jets would you recemmend for tight michigan trails averaging a speed of 10.6mph-12.3mph.

i had a 160 main and a 48 pilot in the bike and now i put my dads old jets in with a 42 pilot and a 150 main.

can you guys and gals help out a fellow KDXer

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
how too read to lean?

I did a plug chop , after a WOT run of about 3/4 of a mile© electrod was clean white, no oil or fuel???? I rode the bike bike back and putted around doing 1st© 2nd gears wheelies for about ten min© then rechecked the plug and found a light black electrod but not oily,
the bike is a highly modified kdx 200 W/220 clylinder on it rad valve© pipe© air box mod© carb looks to be stock and not bored re jetted to 45/150/needle thrid from top© I thinking the main might be a bit thin' went from 48/160/needle second from top, which was very fat! this bike is rode mostly on tight trails, and does a lot of luggin©
I read dave's tec pages on jetting many time's and printed it out "thank you dave" but I'm really not that sure on how to read a lean condition on a plug chop? Oww buy the way the power valve is stuck closed© and will be repared before further testing !

Last edited:

team-green32

MAGA
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 27, 2001
Chicago
Im not for sure on that one dave.
Because the guy that I bought it from never told us. Is there a way to tell?

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
yes, on the porting© no on the head© my Q&A are about T/G's bike©

I have the jug in hand, the power valve was'nt seized completly© but enough so there was'nt smooth, free movement© but major spooge and carbon build up! hopefully the bore in OK ? to much spooge to tell right now© will be degreasing to day© any Ideas on how to remove the carbon with out scraping?

FLBob

Jun 4, 2001
I'm very interested in the answer to the question about plug appearance with too lean jetting. I've made some pretty drastic changes (I think), five steps in main and next leaner needle. ( Don't know how the guy who sold it to me could ride it!) It's running better but still getting a rich reading plug - getting scared -these changes seem drastic -are they? What's a too lean mix look like on a plug? Love my 97KDX220. Thanks.

Top Bottom